Corsair USB 2.0 Flash Voyager Memory Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

p d s

Right, as you lot are probably aware I'm thick as shit when it comes to technical stuff.

My mum has been using the USB stick above to store lots of work(she is a teacher). It was working fine last night. She went to resume this morning, plugged the pen into the computer and nothing happened, as if it suddenly wasn't recognising it. It has a lot of very important work on there so she is pretty pissed off.
Any help or tips as to what we should do to try and make it work would be very much appreciated.

corsair_flash_voyager_usb_2_drive_blog_721079.jpg

Cheers
pds

Last edited:
Does it have an on/off switch?

Or lock/Unlock?

Last edited:
Have you tried it in a different USB slot or in a different PC?

It has a lot of very important work on there so she is pretty pissed off.

There's a very true adage as far as important data goes: 'if it doesn't exist in at least two places, it doesn't exist at all'.

Have you tried it in a different USB slot or in a different PC?

There's a very true adage as far as important data goes: 'if it doesn't exist in at least two places, it doesn't exist at all'.

She has tried it on the laptop and on this pc.The work was definately on there as she printed some off last night but not not all.
But now nothing even happens when insterted to usb port.

She has tried it on the laptop and on this pc.The work was definately on there as she printed some off last night but not not all.
But now nothing even happens when insterted to usb port.

Everything else USB works? :102:

Have you tried in a different USB port and a different computer?

Maybe she took it out of the computer without safely removing it first? Ive heard they might stop working properly if you dont remove it safely.

Maybe she took it out of the computer without safely removing it first? Ive heard they might stop working properly if you dont remove it safely.

She reckons she didn't but that is what I suspect.

Finally had some recognition that is was plugged in a minute ago.

Apparently it has malfunctioned and Windows doesn't recognise it properly.
Not sure what to do now.

She reckons she didn't but that is what I suspect.

Finally had some recognition that is was plugged in a minute ago.

Apparently it has malfunctioned and Windows doesn't recognise it properly.
Not sure what to do now.

Could try posting on this forum. :icon_wink

Birds and non white techonology should never mix.

Good news is that these drives have a 10-year warranty and the company don't seem to quibble about replacing them.

Bad news is that this isn't going to help find the lost data.

I have registered with that site, just waiting for the confirmation e-mail that doesn't seem like it wants to come through.

Does this sound familiar? :icon_conf

Flash Voyager 1GB usb flashdrive.

When I plug in the drive to any computer (5 tried so far, both vista and xp machines) it is not recognized. Sometimes if I push the drive up or toward the "flash voyager" logo side the light will flash as if its working and if I hold it carefully, the drive will be recognized. However, when I let go, the drive stops working and isn't recognized anymore.

The work was definately on there as she printed some off last night but not not all.

You misunderstand what I'm saying.
What that adage means is that if you have some important files you have to store them in at least two places, on two separate devices or they might as well not exist at all, otherwise known as 'backing up your work'.

Without wanting to be too harsh, she only has herself to blame. Flash memory devices like this are volatile & unreliable and should only be used to carry files between PCs. Never, ever, ever to 'store' files.
Storing the only copy of important files on a USB pen is absolute madness.

That in itself shouldn't damage it, but it can corrupt the last file accessed on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669