Council Approve Trust Application of Asset of Community Value for Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Foxes Trust. Much maligned because you appear to have so few members you are embarrassed to reveal the number, but this is serious protection for supporters for any club where the owner gets fed up and decides to look for a shiny new toy or does not get promotion so sells up for the development money.

I'm not sure enough money could be raised by the community in 6 months to buy the stadium though.

I'm not sure enough money could be raised by the community in 6 months to buy the stadium though.

An empty stadium is worth **** all, just take a look at the Ricoh.

I agree with the general sentiment that this is positive move for supporters, but I can't understand Ian Bason's suggestion that the move reduces the fear that the club might at some time in the future move to a new location. I can't see how in the case of either of the clubs he quotes that such a listing would have prevented the removal of the clubs to Milton Keynes and Northampton respectively. Or perhaps I'm missing something.

In any case, I was quite looking forward to City playing their home games at Gazen Salts; at a push I could even manage a trip over to the Charles Ground at Deal.

An empty stadium is worth **** all, just take a look at the Ricoh.

But as i understand it, this only comes into force if the owners agree a sale? so there would be at least 1 interested party, and i assume the community bid would have to at least match the highest bid?

Having re-read it seems it does come into force if the stadium is put up for sale without a bid as well as pausing any potential sale. but i still don't think it makes that much difference, giving them extra time to save still is unlikely to be enough to raise enough money even for the land value to compete with developers.

Ownership of the stadium is not ownership of the club, so there is no guarantee it will remain the home of the club even if the bid is successful .

I don't think this is a bad thing, but i also don't think it's a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363