Cov Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
How not? Any other business that uses the sort of acumen shown by the majority of senior clubs in this country would have gone to the wall long ago. If nothing changes, it is inevitable that there will be one Cov-type fiasco after another.

One reason to appreciate the curb in spending this preseason?

How not? Any other business that uses the sort of acumen shown by the majority of senior clubs in this country would have gone to the wall long ago. If nothing changes, it is inevitable that there will be one Cov-type fiasco after another.

Yes, it is inevitable.

I don't really see how just because there's a lot of money in football, and those people lucky enough to have it (or have access to it) are splashing it around, leads to the conclusion that all clubs should end up on the brink of existence.

There will be casualties, but I'm afraid that's modern football. I think it's optimistic to cling to the hope that football will return to any semblance of the pre-PL era.

You can't compare modern football to any other business.

Yes, it is inevitable.

I don't really see how just because there's a lot of money in football, and those people lucky enough to have it (or have access to it) are splashing it around, leads to the conclusion that all clubs should end up on the brink of existence.

There will be casualties, but I'm afraid that's modern football. I think it's optimistic to cling to the hope that football will return to any semblance of the pre-PL era.

You can't compare modern football to any other business.

"Should", on account of the irresponsible attitude towards spending.

And football must be compared to any other business if it is to have a future.

And football must be compared to any other business if it is to have a future.

People were saying the same thing 10 years ago. No-one could have foreseen the PL TV revenue rising from £50m to >£3bn in 20 years, and no-one knows where it will go from here.

Football will have a future whether teams recklessly spend cash or not. The new FFP will impact the level of recklessness, but whilst people are prepared to pay to watch football and businessmen still want to own their 'toys' the football juggernaut will continue in a world of it's own.

There are arseholes in every City and town that support every club and many people could recall similar experiences about us. However, there are also a majority of decent people in and around Cov that will be really hurting about what is happening to their club.

I don't wish any ill on any club and hope Cov somehow pull through this. There are things in life worth getting agitated about but this isn't one of them for me. Much like with Pompey, it's a very sad warning sign of where we could all end up.

You may have detected a certain tongue in cheek tone to the original post :)

But I do maintain that Cov fans have a certain lowlife quality that eclipses most other clubs.I've been around long enough to make a judgement.

For the record I contributed money to Pompey while I was on a visit to Portsmouth.Also chucked a fair wedge into a bucket for Notts County when they looked like going to the wall,so I'm not a complete partisan dickhead.

How the **** has that city got a University?

Almost everywhere has a University, even colleges dish degrees out now. I'm not sure which ones are worth anything these days, makes it difficult for employers to judge if an applicant with a degree from Cumbria/Teesside/Newcastle College etc are any better qualified than I am with my a-level E grade in Physics.

Last edited:
Almost everywhere has a University, even colleges dish degrees out now. I'm not sure which ones are worth anything these days, makes it difficult for employers to judge if an applicant with a degree from Cumbria/Teesside/Newcastle College etc are any better qualified than I am with my a-level E grade in Physics.

Didn't quite a few polytechnics change their names to Universities a few years ago?

Didn't quite a few polytechnics change their names to Universities a few years ago?

Yup, since 1992 there's probably been about 40 of them (at least??) and probably about the same number of colleges that turned into unis. As I say, it's difficult to know how good any are without doing some research which is a bit of a pain in the arse when looking at someone's cv. I've heard good things about Northumbria for example, but then I remember certain others giving people unconditional offers for places during UCAS applications when I was in 6th form.

Well Leicester has 2 Universities but it also has Braunstone & New Parks so i'd say it means **** all really.

Well Leicester has 2 Universities but it also has Braunstone & New Parks so i'd say it means **** all really.

..and Mowmacre Hill and Eyres Monsell and St. Matthews and Thurnby Lodge and not forgetting the Saff :120:

I grew up in New Parks... not everyone who comes from a council estate is dole bludging scum.

& I'm from Beaumont Leys via Highfields so agree entirely.My point was merely that they're both shitholes,as are the places I was brought up.Therefore you can't use having a university as any kind of measure of how nice a place is.Oxford has some horrible parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566