Cov Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he will get them "All Shook Up" or it could be "Heartbreak Hotel" again.

I geddit, it's because his name is Steven isn't it?
But how did you know my mate Steven Likes Elvis?

I geddit, it's because his name is Steven isn't it?
But how did you know my mate Steven Likes Elvis?
:017:

The more obvious, and correct, path is this:

Steven Pressley, Talking Balls 2011 **** of the Year Steven, Leicester City, Elvis Hammond, Elvis Presley.

Obviously, after that it's: Lisa Marie Presley, Lisa Simpson, saxophone, Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, Monica Seles, Billie Jean King, Billie Holiday, holiday, Thomas Cook, Norman Cook, Fatboy Slim, Slim Dusty, Dusty Bin.

There's a bloke works down our chip shop swears he's the Cov manager

If they go into admin, it's the owners who will lose their money. There is talk of an American consortium looking to take over if they do go into admin.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...rena-after-twist-on-eve-of-High-Court-hearing

Coventry are ready to finish the season away from the Ricoh Arena after effectively writing off their debt to the stadium's owners.
The League One club's owners SISU are in talks over relocating to an alternative home venue in the West Midlands after taking action they believe will prevent the football business entering administration at the High Court on Friday.
Arena Coventry Limited (ACL), who manage the Ricoh Arena, claim £1.3m is owed in unpaid rent and want the football club placed in administration - a penalty which usually carries a 10-point deduction under Football League rules.

But on the eve of the hearing a statement on behalf of Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd appeared on the club's official website announcing a "property subsidiary" was already in the hands of administrators.
And, according to Sky sources, City believe their pre-emptive action wipes out their debt to ACL while also putting them in breach of contract with their landlords.
That means ACL can now prevent Coventry from playing future home games at the Ricoh Arena, an outcome SISU have been preparing for.
In the meantime, Sky sources say SISU believe Friday's administration hearing will go their way and are confident of avoiding a points deduction which would effectively finish off City's chances of winning promotion this season.
Steven Pressley's side are currently three points off the play-off places and are due to play Doncaster on 30 March in their next scheduled home fixture.
The full statement from Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd:
"It is important to stress that the football club itself is not under threat.
"This is merely a property subsidiary which owns no material assets and has no employees, on or off the pitch.
"The Club can confirm that all staff wages, PAYE and all other creditor commitments will continue to be met as before by Coventry City Football Club Holdings.
"Unlike other instances of clubs being taken either wholly or partially into administration, there are no HMRC or VAT implications and the Football Club will continue to trade as normal without interruption.
"Our main objective now is to remain competitive on the pitch and give Steven Pressley and the playing staff our full backing and commitment."

Last edited:
Didn't they say they were going to use a stadium in the West Midlands?

Well its the biggest non league ground near to them I thought hence why they put it under consideration early this year. Solihull Borough F.C. is not too far but smaller ground. But if it's a League ground then I expect it could be Wallsall as I can't see it being either Villa or Brum.

I personally would let them use the Walkers. As funny as it is watching Cov suffer, at this point other clubs should be rallying round to help IMO.

I personally would let them use the Walkers. As funny as it is watching Cov suffer, at this point other clubs should be rallying round to help IMO.

And why do they deserve this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670