Coventry match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Hammond is not the one to be playing up front with Fryatt he has proved that against ipswich and now Cov.

I think Hammond was better in the last two games than Hume was in the first two. At least when Hammons is playing badly he chases around and creates some space, Hume didn't do that in the first two games.

But Hume and Fryatt showed they can play together last season, so hopefully the'll be able to start doing that again.

I think Hammond was better in the last two games than Hume was in the first two. At least when Hammons is playing badly he chases around and creates some space, Hume didn't do that in the first two games.

But Hume and Fryatt showed they can play together last season, so hopefully the'll be able to start doing that again.
Totally agree Jeff I thought Hume was woeful against Luton and Burnley.

Hume appears better playing off the front,he'd be good to have as an option.I think Fryatt woud benefit from having a Big Centre forward up alongside him,don't know who though.I think Hammond is woeful,i just fail to seewhat he adds to the team,he couldn't even bring the ball under control tonight but maybe I've notseen enough of him.Not sure i could stand seeing much more of him tbh.

Just got back, and I must say I was a little disappointed to say the least. This Covscum side was not very good and we did not take advantage of them enough. The last 15 mins of the first half and we were well on top, but when the second half started we faded and covscum came back into it, and looked the more likely to score.
When Porter went off, nobody wanted to take corners and we seemed lost. Weso looks like he is nearing the call to start a game which is really good news.
My MOM was a toss up between Kisnorbo and Kenton, these two kept us in the game in the second half.

And get rid of Henderson....... he will give me piles before very long

Just got back, and I must say I was a little disappointed to say the least. This Covscum side was not very good and we did not take advantage of them enough. The last 15 mins of the first half and we were well on top, but when the second half started we faded and covscum came back into it, and looked the more likely to score.
When Porter went off, nobody wanted to take corners and we seemed lost. Weso looks like he is nearing the call to start a game which is really good news.
My MOM was a toss up between Kisnorbo and Kenton, these two kept us in the game in the second half.

Agree about Henderson, but Kenton is poor: the time when Marcus Hall got behind us was because Kenton broke ranks by chasing the ball at the halfway line, leaving us exposed behind. If Kenton was more disciplined he'd be good, but if plays every game, I bet anyone here a goal comes every 2-3 games from an uncontested cross from where Kenton's supposed to be.

We just didn;t have the quality today. Levi needs to show more, but as a 19 year old making his debut it wasn't terrible, and Low seemed to grow in confidence: if he can develop a touch extra quality into his crosses he could be a very good acquisition.

Hammond might try hard, and be able to run fast, but we have to face the fact he is basically crap. However, Hume did next to nothing when he came on either. Fryatt is quality, and if he had some pace he would be both excellent and not playing for us.

The 2 Paddys were decent, but must stop giving away FKs, and Nissa was decent. Central midfield was OK, but uninspiring. I'm not Williams' biggest fan, but he does have the ability to split a defence, which was sorely lacking tonight.

From what I have seen thus far, we'll be mid-lower mid table come the end of the year: we don't have the class to be challenging for playoffs

Last edited:
Fryatt seems to be slower than last season and needs matches IMO. He went on a couple of good runs and got himself in trouble, by keeping the ball longer than he should have.
Low was good in the first half and got some good crosses in, but no fecker hardly passed to him in the second half and that puzzled me, when he got the ball things looked like happening.

Oh and for being just down the M69, we had a really poor turnout in fans. The game here last season on a holiday Monday and behind the goal was packed from left to right and loud. Tonight I would be surprised if there was 2000 of us there. It was on TV but that should not be an excuse really. Covscum are only a few fecking miles away.....:mad: :mad: :mad:

20261 was the official attendance.
Looked way short of that on the tv...

Looked short of that in the ground. I'd have guessed at 17.

5 mins before kick off, it was around 10,000.

Never 20,000......... that would look like the ground held 60,000 when full then.

Sat on row WW too high up!

i hate to be proved wrong........but rab is better. after todays game i honestly thought matt heath was MOM. anyone care to argue? if so id like to hear reasons why, on sky our wingers looked a breath of fresh air but centre backs controlled the game

just a word about the ineptitude of the stewards and police after the game.

we were told before getting off our coaches that they would be in front of the stadium exits like last season, then we are told towards the end of the game that no, the coaches are still in the car park where we got off.

i know someone who went with a wheelchair bound friend, so we asked a polcie officer if all the coaches were there, she told us that the disabled supporters would get on their coach at the ground.....

so we trundle off to the car park, with abuse hurled at us by Covskum who were also walking the same way and the police just telling us to shut up when we asked if they were gonna do anything about it....then we were sat on our coaches til 10.15pm before the police finally decided to move us....this was after i saw people with wheelchair-bound friends coming into the car park towards one of the coaches parked there......

i thought last season was bad enough when they managed to squeeze 20+ coaches onto the itty bitty area outside the away exits but they leave FIVE coaches in the car park so we have to walk in the blinkin rain to them, alongside THOSE people*spits*
and those folk with the disabled fans had to walk the long way round to the car park of the manky footpath after waiting 10-15 minutes because they had been told they'd wait for their transport outside the ground.which obviously was incorrect information given by the police....

bunch of inbred to$$pots...

oh and lastly whilst we were still sat there i saw a solitary figure come up through that subway bit and walk past our coach......'hang on' says i..that's Matty Fryatt!'
he walked across the carpark and followed the road up to the lights, then crossed over as if going towards the bit where Tesco is.

Bernie was their sitting right near me and MHS. Blowing his horn bless him:icon_lol: . I don't think he actually has a clue whats going on around him.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: What a ferkin' legend!

At the start of the second half, this bloke was stood there for 30 seconds waiting for Bernie to let him by. Bernie finally moved when the bloke went almost eye-to-eye with him. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Top stuff.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: What a ferkin' legend!

At the start of the second half, this bloke was stood there for 30 seconds waiting for Bernie to let him by. Bernie finally moved when the bloke went almost eye-to-eye with him. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Top stuff.

Remember when I was telling you how much I hate referees and I want to shoot them all (o.t.t. i no)?
Anyway that guy that Bernie wouldn't let through turned to me and said he was a referee :icon_lol: .
He also told me a couple of times that Matt Heath used to play for City, as if I had never seen him play before.

Remember when I was telling you how much I hate referees and I want to shoot them all (o.t.t. i no)?
Anyway that guy that Bernie wouldn't let through turned to me and said he was a referee :icon_lol: .

Unlucky mate, I missed that one.

As for Bernie, he must have moved seats 5 or 6 times.

I was disappointed with the Cov scoreboard, it didn't say how many minutes had gone. And the corner kicks are sponsored. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69