Coventry match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was hoping to be home before 10pm!

feckit having to either worrying about the car being broke into/nicked or paying for a car park....we aren't using the coach next time, even if it is less hassle re:travelling.

no problems getting out of the car park and was in home for just gone 10:10pm......

Oh and yes the police were all wankers as usual.......... bring on Harry Roberts

Last edited:
Unlucky mate, I missed that one.

As for Bernie, he must have moved seats 5 or 6 times.

I was disappointed with the Cov scoreboard, it didn't say how many minutes had gone. And the corner kicks are sponsored. :icon_lol:

The corner kicks were sponsored by Ian Neale. :081:
The Fourth officials announcement is sponsored by Henrys Bedrooms.:081:

If City ever do that sort of thing they won't live it down.

Last edited:
I thought it was a solid away performance, first half we dominated with Low and Porter having a field day out wide, but we failed to capitalise on Coventry's poor organistation and at half time they regrouped and managed to stop the supply from out wide.

I agree Heath was superb tonight.

I thought Fryatt was excellent tonight, although he does appear to be lacking a yard in sharpness, that little bit extra would have given him a hat trick tonight, but his build up and approach play was top drawer.

I thought the defence was excellent tonight, although Henderson looks more and more a liability the longer the season goes on.

It thought Porter looked good and in the 2 performances he has shown that he can become a decent player at this level.

I thought for 60 minutes it was a better peformance than the Ipswich game. We dominated the tempo for long spells. But then we got deeper and deeper and let Cov back into. A bit of bottle would not go a miss in taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

Porter was a lot more involved today and looks good enough for this level. Kisnorbo looked very good again today as did Paddy Mac. Kenton was rubbish, in his brain he has two commands a) hoof it and b) slide in on a tackle. Hendo was again dodgy.

Fryatt brilliant and Hammond looked out of his depth, I have better control than him. I thought aswell Hume might have been a bit more better of choice against Cov's two centre-halfs. One of which Heath was excellent.

I am happy with a point after all the point away, three at home tactic scored us promotion in the admin season but I felt that the game was there for the taking and Cov were very poor albeit 20 minutes for pressure and then seemed to have no game plan.

As already said we lack a target man to provide support with Fryatt and I now feel that a bit of quality in the midfield would not a go miss, creative moves were near on nil with City.

Bernie was their sitting right near me and MHS. Blowing his horn bless him:icon_lol: . I don't think he actually has a clue whats going on around him.

i saw bernie a few times in block 10.

i was sat infront of the group of 10 lads who were singing about stevie walsh, their mate nathan who didnt turn up for the game and at half time one lad was sick all over the seats after holding his head in his hands for 45 minutes. ouch.

Don't know where they got the attendance to be 20,000 odd, I spoke to a mate who was working as a paramedic in the control box and he said the official figure they had been given was 17,500 which seems much more realistic.

Although we were short in numbers we supported our team much better than the KovSkum, only once did they get anything like behind their horrible team and that lasted for all of 3 minutes. The only other group 'supporting' was that group of chavs to our right, probably the highlight of the evening was one being ejected and trying to take on three coppers :081:

The football was fairly dire apart from the spell just before half time when we should have scored. I don't understand why we went so narrow in the second half when Low, in particular, was getting a lot of the ball by sticking wide. We just seemed to get sucked in by Adams hoof ball tactics rather than try dominate the style of play ourselves.

If Maybury does go the money would be wisely spent on a new keeper, the distribution from Henderson is absolutely woeful and why he suddenly feels the need to punch the ball rather than catch it is beyond me.

I thought it was a solid away performance, first half we dominated with Low and Porter having a field day out wide, but we failed to capitalise on Coventry's poor organistation and at half time they regrouped and managed to stop the supply from out wide.

I agree Heath was superb tonight.

I thought Fryatt was excellent tonight, although he does appear to be lacking a yard in sharpness, that little bit extra would have given him a hat trick tonight, but his build up and approach play was top drawer.

I thought the defence was excellent tonight, although Henderson looks more and more a liability the longer the season goes on.

It thought Porter looked good and in the 2 performances he has shown that he can become a decent player at this level.

Completely agree with all of this post. A 0-0 draw is never great but I came away thinking we did OK, and it was far better than the first 2 matches

Despite playing the whole match not one person seems to have mentioned Andy Johnson. I thought he was pretty poor tonight - he is fine at tackling and interceptions but his distribution was woeful!

Despite playing the whole match not one person seems to have mentioned Andy Johnson. I thought he was pretty poor tonight - he is fine at tackling and interceptions but his distribution was woeful!

In the long run I believe our best pairing in the middle will be Williams and Wesolowski,however RK may choose not to drop Johnson.

Welcome. :039: :039: :039:

Would I be the first to add that Hughes was possibly our worst player yesterday... needs some practise with them corners of his for a start..

I think a Draw was about right,we were the better team in the first half then when they brought on some wide players they shaded it in the 2nd half.I thought Low looked good in the first half along with Porter but both faded in the 2nd half.fryatt looks a class act to me but Hammond is woeful and shouldn't even be in the squad,totally ineffective.Hughes seems to go missing for chunks of the game and seems to want 2 touches too many.Everybody else had fair games,nothing great but nothing too bad.We were Ok much better than Luton but not Promotion or even Play off matierial IMO.We need a big man up front IMO because Low and Porter were putting in some decent crosses but only Fryatt was in there.
A point away from home isn't a bad thing though:)

Totally agree with everything you say HF :038:

Would I be the first to add that Hughes was possibly our worst player yesterday... needs some practise with them corners of his for a start..
I don't think we have anyone at the mo that is good at taking corners although Porter looks like he could be the best if RK keeps giving him the nod.

How Weso sitting deep and acting as the defensive cover with Iain Hume as the attacking midfielder possibly in a diamond formation with Low and Porter out wide.

Then we could pair Fryatt with a target man who can take a lot of the physical responsibility of Matty and allow him to do hisbest work in and around the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69