Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to learn not to kick the ball so far though, he kept kicking it straight to their goalkeeper.

Difficult to tell if he's any good, he didn't have a great deal to do. One worrying moment in the first half when he half came out for the ball, then stopped, with Stearman expecting him to come, which led to a mess up which cov should have scored from. Don't know whether to blame Alnwick or Stearman for that, but there was obviously a lack of communication between them.

Happened right in front of me, Stearman should have cleared it was never going to reach the keeper. lucky to get away with it.

Do feel sorry for Stearman though, apart from that mistake he was defensively quite good. His distribution was bad though and he did get turned by Adebole once far too easily.

Cracking game.

Last edited:
Surprised at how many Cov fans turned up, more than their usual half hearted attempt. Maybe they thought they had a chance to beat us for a change.
Didn't see any trouble though.

No doubt they expected to win after beating Blackburn in the cup.

I have a smile on my face and am actually thinking we may have a team on our hands now!:icon_razz
Howard looked class up front, held the ball up really well and layed it off sensibly too. The 2 hungarians were impressive Laczko especially so. Plenty of crosses put in and with a bit of pace which makes a change. Oakley and Clemence played well in midfield together. Oakley is just the right player we needed in there.

i know one win doesn't change much, but it was the performance that gives me the most encouragement. Long may it continue!!

Lets give credit to Olly. The players he has bought rather than loaned - Oakley, Howard and Hayles are battle hardened professionals. These are the kind of players Martin Allen should have got in the summer. The Hungarians looked impressive and should get even better when they get settled in. Well done Olly.

Any bother after the match:102:. You usually get the morons come out of the woodwork for this sort of game:icon_conf.

You seemed a bit obsessed with violence BB:icon_conf Did you used to enjoy a ruck in your earlier days ?

57 points to play for left this season. I'm hoping we can get more than half of those. Obviously we want more than that. But realistically 10 wins out of 19 games will be a dramatic turn around and Holloway will have done amazingly well if he achieves that for the remainder of the season. Any more than that would be legendary stuff.

Let's start it at the in bred, mustard munching, delia smith loving, canaries next week!!.

Happened right in front of me, Stearman should have cleared it was never going to reach the keeper. lucky to get away with it.

Do feel sorry for Stearman though, apart from that mistake he was defensively quite good. His distribution was bad though and he did get turned by Adebole once far too easily.

Cracking game.

I love how people assume that was Stearman's fault. The keeper was rushing out, he obviously gave Stearman a shout. People accuse him of just hoofing the ball but when he didn't they still moan.

:bang:

Much improved performance today, impressed with the new additions to the team and the crowd were great from the start. It was also nice to see a player labelled as "past it" by some on here (you know who you are) score a goal... :icon_wink

Not going to get carried away but hoping that this is the start of much better times!

I was waiting for Ollie to put Chambers on for Stearman but it never happened.

Nearly had to when Stearman took that knock and did the dying swan bit. I think he really was hurt!

Much improved performance today, impressed with the new additions to the team and the crowd were great from the start. It was also nice to see a player labelled as "past it" by some on here (you know who you are) score a goal... :icon_wink

Not going to get carried away but hoping that this is the start of much better times!

I admit I'm one of them and I'm pleased he scored.I don't necessarily think he's past it just not a Player I rate after watching quite a bit of him

From the little he had to do, I didnt think he had a bad game. Stearman however... I just dont know with him, he seems to just switch off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669