Coventy Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played some excellent football. Dion won everything in the air, he was so casual flicking the ball to another player. Keown was fantastic, stood his ground like a brick wall. We need to sign Harper, when he is fit he'l be excellent. Benjy was slightly dis-appointing, I prefer him up front rather than on the wing, but after yesterdays show of connolly and dublin he ain't gonna get a sniff.

When I heard the team, i was worried but I think it's fair to say the lads did the 3,700 fans proud yesterday in the circumstances of us just losing our manager.

At the end of the day if Bassett & Wilkinson bring a run of results then they have earnt the right IMO to have a shot at getting us back into the Premiership.

BLUE ARMY !

Craig said:
KrazyDipper said:
same old leciester 1-1 not a good show at all
Good job you didn't pay money to watch it then isn't it, you prick. At least go to the game if you're going to make a statement like that!

Personally i thought we played well. A vast improvement.

Alright craig calm down!! Im sure he was just commenting on the score and manner in which we conceeded the goal. We have only just got rid of chandler he doesnt really need replacing.

Lboro fox, Craig has a point. As I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread there are too many doom and gloom merchants around. Let's get out of this mindset. give the new (!) guys in charge a chance.
They may not be everyones cup of tea, but at least give them a chance :evil:
Couldn't get to the game yesterday but listening to the radio sounded like there was more passion shown from the City players, and there was signs of life from the bench. Also hopefully Harper will be fit for Tuesday coz he sounds good. 8)
Harry Bassetts blue and white army....

xsubmariner said:
Lboro fox, Craig has a point. As I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread there are too many doom and gloom merchants around. Let's get out of this mindset. give the new (!) guys in charge a chance.
They may not be everyones cup of tea, but at least give them a chance :evil:
Couldn't get to the game yesterday but listening to the radio sounded like there was more passion shown from the City players, and there was signs of life from the bench. Also hopefully Harper will be fit for Tuesday coz he sounds good. 8)
Harry Bassetts blue and white army....

I agree, i was personally encouraged by the performance yesterday, i just felt the manner in which craig voiced his opinion was a little harsh and quite unnecessary. If we play like that all season we should do ok imo.

Nottingham Fox said:
Dion won everything in the air, he was so casual flicking the ball to another player.
:shock: :roll:

i must've been at a different game then!!!

i lost xcount of the number of times he didn't bother jumping for headers-and he certainly didn't win everything. improved second half but first half i thought he didn't give Connolly enough support and was generally very quiet.

beaumontfox said:
Nottingham Fox said:
Dion won everything in the air, he was so casual flicking the ball to another player.
:shock: :roll:

i must've been at a different game then!!!

i lost xcount of the number of times he didn't bother jumping for headers-and he certainly didn't win everything. improved second half but first half i thought he didn't give Connolly enough support and was generally very quiet.

IMO he won everything. Obviously not every single one as some he didn't bother going for, but 95% of what he did go for he won. There must have been 10 times in the second half where he didn't even head it, he just casually rolled his head to knock the ball on. Other than Keown who I thought was man of the match, he came a very close second.

Don't have to disagree, just what I saw.

I was very close to the front on 5 rows up on the lower tier, maybe I had a better view ? 8)

We were good. Took a risk leaving scowy on bench but we did alright. Certainly no worse !! We played some nice football not too much hoofing. I firmly believe every player gave it his all. Keown was sensational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669