Craig Levein for Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

I have seen on ceefax that Craig Levein is to be interviewed for the managers job - I for one hope he gets the job - he has done a great job at Hearts and it would be nice to rediscover the strong Scottish links that we have had with managers and players over the past years going back to the days of Matt Gillies, Davie Gibson, Jimmy Goodfellow, Jackie Sinclair and in recent years Jock Wallace, Gary Mac, Ali Mauchlen (always at the front when the going got tough) and many more. Perhaps he can bring some young Scottish talent with him (there must be some)

Re: craig levein

Brauny Blue said:
More chance of finding "nessie" :lol:
:lol:

rediscover scottish roots? what the feck? we're an east midlands team, what the bollix has this got to do with scotland?
never heard of the fecker and it won't make a blind bit of bollix what we say/think/ ask for. someone will arrive and we'll get behind him.

the proclaimers are hearts fan so if we get this bloke i hope they'll be pi55ed off... result :wink:

Re: craig levein

Look what happened to the most recent manager to come down from Scotland - Paul Sturrock. Did well at Plymouth and then completely out of his depth at Southampton. Not convinced that doing a decent job at a team in the Scottish League makes somebody a good manager - the standard of the SPL (Celtic and Rangers excluded perhaps) is well below that of the Championship/old First Division in England, and appointing someone from Scotland would, in my opinion, be a similar risk as appointing a manager from a lower league in England.

highland fox said:
Proclaimers are Hibs fans MK ..Right city..wrong club :roll:
:oops: tossers all the same. :wink:
it may pi55 some of their friends or family off... that's good enough for me.. :lol:

I doubt they have any friends after 'Letter from America',you are a secret fan I'm sure of it :)

Mk just as a bad vibe going on about anything Scottish,you'll never see him with a tin of shortbread for example.Craig Levein would do a good job for us,he's took Hearts as far as they can go they can never challenge the Old Firm.

Seems like the right move for him and Leicester IMO! Hope this one comes off!

lanxfox said:
I Perhaps he can bring some young Scottish talent with him (there must be some)

Maybe Peter Canero will get a game or two...

londonfox said:
lanxfox said:
I Perhaps he can bring some young Scottish talent with him (there must be some)

Maybe Peter Canero will get a game or two...

Proberly still injured :roll:

Doesn't really say a lot that though does it.

Levein is meeting the new chairman/owner of Hearts tonight.The new Owner wants to /is going to bring in some Ukranian guy as Director of Football something Levein is not happy about.Levein as denied the Leicester link but then again he would do wouldn't he?

From a Hearts messageboard:
The Radio Forth news at 11am, they stated that John Colquhoun, Leveins agent, has been in discussions with Leicester City for the last couple of days.

Levein himself, when interviewed, was very careful with his choice of words, but significantly, didn't dismiss the speculation.

When there's smoke, there's fire!!!

Well after hearing CL on Forth 1 sport I think he WILL go to Leicester, if they do make an offer!!

All he basically said was 'there is nothing concrete yet' and he 'will answer every question should it become concrete'. The words YET and Should it become all point towards him(or his agent) actually being in talks already.

CL is due to meet Ramonov tonight to dicuss his vision of the future of Hearts and Byshots(sp) role in the Club. If this meeting goes as I think it will CL will be away before January!!!

But I'll wait till tomorrow to have a full say once Ramonov has shown his true colours.

DurhamFox said:
anyone getting a bit excited about the possibility of Levein becoming our new manager.

Semi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670