Craig Levein for Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard that martin o'neill recommended craig levein to leicester. thats good enough for me. get him in. Levein for leicester!

Comments made about Levein by Craig Burley on century 106:

1. disciplinarian
2. long ball style :p
3. focus on fitness
4. likes to play a target man (i.e. mark de vries for hearts)
5. Single minded
6. He would be a good appointment for leicester :D
7. Brought in alot of free transfers and younger players and shipped out big name players (david weir, gordon durie, colin cameron)
8. Doesn't take crap - apparently had a punch up with one of his players afew seasons back.

Some interesting points I think...

Micky said:
8. Doesn't take crap - apparently had a punch up with one of his players afew seasons back.

As a player, playing alonside Graeme Hogg (formerly MANURE), Hogg blamed Levein for a mistake, which was actually down to Hogg himself.
A swift right hook later, and Hogg was strechered off with broken nose....
:shock: :lol:

The Bam said:
Micky said:

As a player, playing alonside Graeme Hogg (formerly MANURE), Hogg blamed Levein for a mistake, which was actually down to Hogg himself.
A swift right hook later, and Hogg was strechered off with broken nose....
:shock: :lol:

can't believe this is the same bloke!

_40462537_craigleveinsmile203.jpg

was he one of the proclaimers?? :( :wink:

If Martin O'Neill has recommended him then I think that says enough.....
he must be good.

If the board get him in then they should be congratulated, IMO attracting a manager who is still involved in European football finally proves how ambitious they are. I really believe this will be a massive appointment for us. Just hope there is no last minute hitch.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
he must be good.

If the board get him in then they should be congratulated, IMO attracting a manager who is still involved in European football finally proves how ambitious they are. I really believe this will be a massive appointment for us. Just hope there is no last minute hitch.

When MON left he recomended David Moyes as our new manger - if only we had of listened

Fox Fan said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
he must be good.

When MON left he recomended David Moyes as our new manger - if only we had of listened

Living in Preston that was who I wanted as well, Moyes would have been terrific.

But now I think if we get Levein we will start to rebuild, and hopefully build something special and when we get back to the premiership, that we will be able to stay there and gradually improve just like Bolton and Charlton. Give Levein time and I really do think we could be on the verge of another golden era for Leicester City.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Fox Fan said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
he must be good.

Living in Preston that was who I wanted as well, Moyes would have been terrific.

But now I think if we get Levein we will start to rebuild, and hopefully build something special and when we get back to the premiership, that we will be able to stay there and gradually improve just like Bolton and Charlton. Give Levein time and I really do think we could be on the verge of another golden era for Leicester City.

I agree with you. Being a fan of Leicester is a bit like riding a really screwed up roller coaster. However, the reassuring thing is that when you hit the bottom with Leicester you know there is only one way to go...straight back up. Bring on the fighting Leicester City...Our season begins here! :)

Foxes Never Quit -Ay?

Just hold the phone a minute...........we already have a dream team in Harry and Wilko - they've only just sprinkled their stardust on our brave boys - surely we must wait for the magic to take hold??

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Fox Fan said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
he must be good.

Get him in ASAP, in the good old days, Leicester were always a gritty hard to beat team that no one really liked playing against, with their Scottish manager and players, just like when Mon was around.

We need some grit, to get a backbone back into the wet nabby pabby players we have at the moment, he would be able to get them focused, get matty more involved, will be hard like keone and get it in where it hurts!

Long live the McFoxes!

Fox Fan said:
Foxes Never Quit -Ay?

Only if it means we stop playing Bon Jovi before matches...Instead of keep the faith we should adopt the old more positive party line. Foxes Never Quit!!

Awayfox said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Fox Fan said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
he must be good.

Get him in ASAP, in the good old days, Leicester were always a gritty hard to beat team that no one really liked playing against, with their Scottish manager and players, just like when Mon was around.

We need some grit, to get a backbone back into the wet nabby pabby players we have at the moment, he would be able to get them focused, get matty more involved, will be hard like keone and get it in where it hurts!

Long live the McFoxes!

They didn't used to call us Leicester Thistle for nothing!

Ohmygod...I was feeling good about all of this until I saw the photo...he looks like a really bad identikit picture off Crimewatch

Mr Bam welcome to the site mate, good shout... I love the fans that come on here and give knowledge... wicked...thanks mate....

By the way, need a striker? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670