Craig Levein, wholesale importer of substandard Scots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splendid. We've made progress. Write it out fifty times.

Now that wouldn't do at all, would it ?

I was under the impression that only a hundred line-long message would suffice for the regulatory compliance with your utopian forum for intellectuals

His coaching staff (minus RK) were all Scots. Those who plied their trade up north also included Kisnorbo and the chap from Aberdeen he tried to sign but who preferred the prospect of Walsall. Can't remember his name, doubt I'll ever hear it again. Unless he scores against us next season of course.

I think it is hinting more at those useless feckers who plied their trade in Scotland, although thats down to personal interpretation.

It should bloody say so then.

Yet strangely no mention of his excellent work as a 'wholesale exporter of the utterly useless' such as Benjamin, Keown, Pressman, Makin, Scowcroft etc., and slashing the wage bill to a much more manageable level for a club of our size

Half a story is really no story at all - no matter how long the article

Last edited:
Now that wouldn't do at all, would it ?

I was under the impression that only a hundred line-long message would suffice for the regulatory compliance with your utopian forum for intellectuals

You clearly missed the point, not to mention the irony, in my previous post. I'll try to keep my reply simple and thoroughly un-intellectual just for you.

My whole point, dear boy, is that as a forum we might gain more from welcoming, exploring and discussing viewpoints rather than simply crushing them because you have
(a) heard them somewhere before
or (b) rendered yourself incapable of reading them because, I don't know, you've dropped one too many lavender tablets or whatever other excuse you might have.

You'd be surprised how many people out there in the big wide world (or, more to the point, Leicestershire) are well aware that this forum exists but choose not to contribute simply because someone with the linguistic capacity of an apricot has told them to get lost or shut up. For my part I genuinely couldn't care less, but if you'd like to continue justifying your reasons for being Middle England's answer to Josef Goebbels then I'll read on with boundless pleasure.

You are awful, syd, but I like you :055:

Once we have finally reserved that hotel room together I'll have to congratulate you on your comments regarding Mr. Levein. We may have found some common ground with which to while away the early hours.

I'm tempted to reveal that I am in fact the man with the trenchcoat and the telephoto lens who's been stalking you since epiphany, but I'll settle for saying that Craig Levein was, quite possibly, the only manager who we sacked prematurely this decade.

:117: I'm not sure what this symbol means, but I like it and I want you to have it.

:117: I'm not sure what this symbol means, but I like it and I want you to have it.

Syd, that is a most beautiful thing that you have done

I accept it without prejudice to anything we may, or may not, do together in the future

You mean you don't think the article he posted makes a single bad point :icon_wink

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=523735&cc=5739

well, well... got a bit taken in by thinking the poster was the author didn't I? Even so, I liked it and found the article stimulating and informative...
Whilst, like the majority on the forum, I'm used to much shorter posts I don't mind longer, more exploratory posts from time to time so long as they are well-written. (By the way, I'm not implying you don't!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670