Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps not everyone earns your money and have very different circumstances to you:102:
Really, you surprise me, but I now feel educated that it must be different for everybody.

I suspect credit card payments are down for most because the interest rates are lower, I suspect mortgages are down for most because the interest rates are lower, I suspect petrol is the same price for us all to purchase, which is cheaper than it has been of late. I don't imagine I'm the only one to benefit from all of these things.

The only think I'm really worried about is the effect this shit has on the safety of my job, but to a certain extent that is in my control.

Was down Fosse Park this morning and found it easy to park.
This time last year you couldnt find a spot for love nor money.

I went to Harborough this afternoon and also commented about how the car park was far from full.

Many people should be better off (despite gas and electricity prices) but it's that uncertainty over jobs that is causing people to hold back. Vicious circle.

Really, you surprise me, but I now feel educated that it must be different for everybody.

I suspect credit card payments are down for most because the interest rates are lower, I suspect mortgages are down for most because the interest rates are lower, I suspect petrol is the same price for us all to purchase, which is cheaper than it has been of late. I don't imagine I'm the only one to benefit from all of these things.

The only think I'm really worried about is the effect this shit has on the safety of my job, but to a certain extent that is in my control.

Sarcastic ****. :icon_wink

On a personal basis, i welcome the reduction of petrol which was getting beyond a joke.
My mortgage is fixed at the moment so i have no benefit from any of the reductions.
There is no sign of any reduction to the obscene price of gas and electricity, and i'm dreading my winter gas bill.
My weekly food shop as increased incredibily over the last few months in tandem with the price at the pumps. So why have i not seen my weekly shopping bill reduced seeing that fuel is now around 25% cheaper than at its peak:102:.

Sarcastic ****. :icon_wink

On a personal basis, i welcome the reduction of petrol which was getting beyond a joke.
My mortgage is fixed at the moment so i have no benefit from any of the reductions.
There is no sign of any reduction to the obscene price of gas and electricity, and i'm dreading my winter gas bill.
My weekly food shop as increased incredibily over the last few months in tandem with the price at the pumps. So why have i not seen my weekly shopping bill reduced seeing that fuel is now around 25% cheaper than at its peak:102:.
Agreed, energy prices should now begin to drop and it's one area where we are all still paying the price. The price went up because of the fuel increase, so the only acceptable answer is for it to drop again.

But will it?

I'm not sarcastic.

edit - I didn't notice any increase in my weekly shopping bill, but the price rises did coincide with my new eco drive on my shopping bills.

Last edited:
why? you're wrong btw
:icon_roll

I thought an "increase" online was referred to as an "icrease" as in "iCrease". I thought it was a savvy new word that I had failed to acknowledge until now.

It was really a pun developed around the use of the letter "i" to describe selective things that are done/used around computers.

ie: iPhone, iPod, iPlayer etc etc etc.

I blame the ****ing audience, dumb ****s.

the strain that people are feeling from prices raising is nothing in comparison to a few of my nearest and dearest that have lost jobs.......its a shit time in all fairness

the strain that people are feeling from prices raising is nothing in comparison to a few of my nearest and dearest that have lost jobs.......its a shit time in all fairness
Indeed, and I wasn't referring to those unfortunate ones. Losing your job in this climate isn't nice, nor indeed any time. But 9/10 times it's totally out of your control in this environment.

:icon_roll

I thought an "increase" online was referred to as an "icrease" as in "iCrease". I thought it was a savvy new word that I had failed to acknowledge until now.

It was really a pun developed around the use of the letter "i" to describe selective things that are done/used around computers.

ie: iPhone, iPod, iPlayer etc etc etc.

I blame the ****ing audience, dumb ****s.
what a delsional prick:icon_wink

My financial situation is currently better than it has been for a long time.

My mortgage is the lowest it's been for years, and fuel is at a reasonable price again all due to the economy.

I don't know what people are moaning about.

Are you familiar with the concept of hubris (ὕβρις). :icon_wink

Whilst many suffer, there are some bargains outhere if you have the dosh.
Friend just got pipped on a £210k Lambourghini going for £170,000. (not my cup of tea but hey)
Holiday villas in the med reduced by upto £3.4million (down from 9.6m)

New yacht down from £2.1m to £1.4m.

Bargains galore, fill your boots....

When I've made my first million, I'll be laughing all the way to the riviera, in my shiny new Aston Martin.

My wife isn't :icon_sad:

As mentioned the loss of a job can come at any time and whilst some trades are suffering during this time, some are profitting and making some real dough. My Dad's a brickie and he's been very lucky that they haven't laid him off despite him being rather abrasive when it comes to his opinion on certain parts of his work. The situation at his workplace and many other has more to do with the greed of few rather than some crisis.

My household income has never been so low, yet I seem to be better off financially (and in so many other ways!) than ever before :102:

Are you familiar with the concept of hubris (ὕβρις). :icon_wink
Yes, but it isn't fitting in this case.

I was merely describing my own personal circumstances in this "credit crunch" nonsense.

In this situation, I don't understand your accusation. Winker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69