Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard some 'Expert' on the TV this morning saying that there is a lot of scaremongering going on and it is infact making the situation worse by people spreading the doom and gloom thus making people scared to spend etc when actually they are no worse off just believe they should refrain from spending because they are having forced down their throats everytime they turn on the tele or pick up a Newspaper

If its isnt affecting you yet it will do. Everything you pay for will increase in price. It may not be directly associated with the fall in markets etc, but people will up the price and blame it on the credit crunch anyway.

We have already seen huge price rises in food and fuel we would be foolish to think there is no more to come.

If its isnt affecting you yet it will do. Everything you pay for will increase in price. It may not be directly associated with the fall in markets etc, but people will up the price and blame it on the credit crunch anyway.

We have already seen huge price rises in food and fuel we would be foolish to think there is no more to come.

Doom Mongerer:)

I have just had a offer for a appartment accpeted, in Amsterdam

Can some of you buiness expert help me out with the current suitation am i buying at the wrong time cause i need a place and i got a good deal i feel, i have had a few quoates on mortgages about 3months ago and now i will need to go again,

Is the credit crunch that bad in the Netherlands?

Not exactly true, it seems that we are entering a new phase where commodity prices are falling because of decreased industrial activity (oil is now less than $90, steel prices have crashed etc), prices of goods may now start to fall but job loses will mount because of the lack of production. The only way out is spend, spend, spend:icon_wink.

You could argue that if we don't realise it is having an effect on us, it isn't, in fact, having an effect on us?

specious

you don't feel carbon monoxide...

we'll all be back down t'pit afore long ah tell thee. :022:

i read in New Scientist about how Holland (i think) was using closed pits to heat up water and then piping it to houses...on the cheap and carbon friendly

so the pits could reopen!

We are not currently processing any deposits or any withdrawal requests through our Icesave internet accounts. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our customers. We hope to provide you with more information shortly.

It's getting closer all the time.

i read in New Scientist about how Holland (i think) was using closed pits to heat up water and then piping it to houses...on the cheap and carbon friendly

so the pits could reopen!

Don't worry Thatcher will close them down again

Don't worry Thatcher will close them down again

yes well, far be it for a government to step in and help workers in the pits or the steel industry..

but investment bankers...oh they need the tax-payers money

:icon_roll

I have just had a offer for a appartment accpeted, in Amsterdam

Can some of you buiness expert help me out with the current suitation am i buying at the wrong time cause i need a place and i got a good deal i feel, i have had a few quoates on mortgages about 3months ago and now i will need to go again,

Is the credit crunch that bad in the Netherlands?

At the start of the year, the IMF suggested that Holland, along with the UK, Ireland, Denmark, France and Spain all had the most overvalued house prices. Most of those have already seen prices start to drop swiftly.

As to the credit crunch, Holland is one of, I think, 4 countries with housing debt greater than annual GDP (although the silly tax break in Holand is part of the reason). ING has lost 40% of its value this year, Fortis nationalised after buying ABN Amro. I'd say the Netherlands will feel the credit crunch soon enough and if it were me, I wouldn't be buying now.

At the start of the year, the IMF suggested that Holland, along with the UK, Ireland, Denmark, France and Spain all had the most overvalued house prices. Most of those have already seen prices start to drop swiftly.

As to the credit crunch, Holland is one of, I think, 4 countries with housing debt greater than annual GDP (although the silly tax break in Holand is part of the reason). ING has lost 40% of its value this year, Fortis nationalised after buying ABN Amro. I'd say the Netherlands will feel the credit crunch soon enough and if it were me, I wouldn't be buying now.

thanks now i am f**king worried :(

Last edited:
It has had NO effect on me at all. My savings are in HSBC, whom I trust; my view is, well yeah HSBC offer lower interest but its a strong stable bank for a say £15 extra interest whats the point moving?

My job is safe; unless i get arrested or sacked... which hopefully won't happen.

All in all, everything is fine and to answer the question, nope not affected in the slightest.
So none of your clients are small businesses whose overdraft rates have just risen dramatically which, coupled with the fact that people are buying less of their products, will cause them to go out of business?

Lots of people are going to lose their jobs through no fault of their own.

thanks now i am f**king worried :(
Blimey, the only time I'd be worried about anything that Dour typed is if he told me he was on his way round here wearing nothing but a pair of Marigolds, Vera Duckworth type earings and a tabard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69