Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id imagine that this package plus what will probably be a 1% drop in the base rate on Thursday (with the banks forced to filter it down) should see at least some stability in the short term.

.... er no. If I won't lend money to you at 5% on the basis that I think you might go tits up in the next few months, then lending to you at 4% is no more attractive. :icon_conf :icon_conf

great stuff, all my money is with them which I was hoping would be a deposit in the next few months....plus there's always my work connection with them :icon_cry: all round poop day that

It's only about three weeks since all the papers were listing IceSave as having the highest interest of any easy-access ISA account; I'm just pleased that I put off until tomorrow what I could have done yesterday and left my money where it is.

It's being reported that it will take three months to get deposits back and then from two separate sources. Sorry to hear that you've been affected.

Id imagine that this package plus what will probably be a 1% drop in the base rate on Thursday (with the banks forced to filter it down) should see at least some stability in the short term.

:icon_bigg

1) the BOE does not answer to the treasury, it only has to write a letter that depends on inflation
2) the banks do not answer to the BOE, they answer to their shareholders

It's only about three weeks since all the papers were listing IceSave as having the highest interest of any easy-access ISA account; I'm just pleased that I put off until tomorrow what I could have done yesterday and left my money where it is.

Ditto. I had considered it but decided to stick with my Nationwide eSave account.

Last edited:
Ditto. I had considered it but decided to stick with my Nationwide eSave account.

We're both ****ed if Nationwide goes down the swanee then!

pat-butcher.jpg

Shouldnt this be the new ' hot or not ' thread.:055:

it's not all bad news though

Attachments

Needs more than half a per cent to kick start this economy

Pathetic

As I said to DF yesterday, if I won't lend to you at 5% because I am not certain about you or the assets you own, why would I lend to you at 4%. The problem is not that people want to borrow, it is that few want to lend.

The rate cut might make a difference but why would it? :102:

As I said to DF yesterday, if I won't lend to you at 5% because I am not certain about you or the assets you own, why would I lend to you at 4%. The problem is not that people want to borrow, it is that few want to lend.

The rate cut might make a difference but why would it? :102:

But the rate cut is not about the banking shambles, it's a feeble attempt to stimulate demand

And it won't make an ounce of difference

But the rate cut is not about the banking shambles, it's a feeble attempt to stimulate demand

And it won't make an ounce of difference

Potentially it could make a difference to me in May when my mortgage is up for renewal surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69