Croatia v Dog and duck

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a poor game but we were able to take control. :icon_wink

Not normally a fan of Alan Green but i thought his R5 commentary was excellent tonight.

I just got in from the juicer, strolled into the kitchen and put on the radio. Greenie provides a summary on the Lovejoy show which includes words to the effect of;

Cole played his part in the wrongful sending off of Kovac after a delayed reaction to the challenge.

I didn't hear his commentary throughout the game but that is the biggest load of sh*te I've heard since Gary Richardson last opened his mouth.

Good performance from England though.

:038::038::038: great match first team to beat them at home in 35 games :038::038::038:

Croatia had won 25 and draw 10 at home

18 Feb 2004 - Croatia 1:2 Germany

3 June 2006 - Croatia 0:1 Poland

Bugger me, 1-4 away from home against a team that is considered strong, especially at home. Oh for more of this.

Waited a long time for a performance like that. Rooney was exceptional.

In the second half.

In recent times when was the last time he had a decent game for England, or MU for that. We should expect this level from all the players. Lets not get carried away.

So I have. Them games were played in Portugal and Germany in the build-up to major championships.

Superb performance but the ref was shit. Kovac's header was superb. :038:

Kovac led withb his carm and deserved to go,if youn had seen the gash on Cole's head you might agree besides which the animal t5hat masqueraded as their other Centre Half (Siminac ?) should have been given his marching orders long before Kovac.Croatia lost their discipline and its not for thev first time,I think they are quite a dirty side.England got at them and played at a high temppo,the Croats got no time on the ball and were eventually outclassed,it could have been 7 or 8

where can i view the highlights of last nights game's from? i dont have access to youtube at work, and footy tube only has the first 15seconds, which is pointless

Kovac led withb his carm and deserved to go,if youn had seen the gash on Cole's head you might agree besides which the animal t5hat masqueraded as their other Centre Half (Siminac ?) should have been given his marching orders long before Kovac.Croatia lost their discipline and its not for thev first time,I think they are quite a dirty side.England got at them and played at a high temppo,the Croats got no time on the ball and were eventually outclassed,it could have been 7 or 8

I agree with the Siminuc he should have gone before Kovac did. Hence my opinion that the ref was horseshite. The ref made his decision on Kovac's red card simply based on Cole's gash, he wasn't going to give anything.

The ref disallowed Lampard's goal for nuffink and gave them a goal when it should been a foul on Terry. He was correct on Bruno Bambi's fall in the box though.

Excellent tactics from The Don. Bilic on twenty minutes looked a beaten man, he's intelligent enough to know when Croatia are cornered.

Last edited:
they actually showed free to view highlights on setanta last night at about 11:30pm-i don't know if they'll be repeated again but its worth a look

Yesterday:

Fabio Capello: What Makes England's Boss Great?

Five reasons Croatia will beat England again tonight

The problem with Wayne Rooney

Judgement day for Capello as England prepare for crucial Croatia showdown

Football: Three jeers for England's boo-boys, says Rob Bagchi

A lot of papers questioned players commitment and passion to play for the country

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Today:

Headlines:

"FABIO CAPELLO is leading the country out of dark ages and on to 2010 World Cup finals "

Terry HAILS Arsenal Sensation Walcott

A new dawn for England?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The one that makes me roll my eyes, almost feel sick and made me laugh was this one.

From the Sun:
THE Sun may have inadvertantly suggested that former England manager Sven Goran Eriksson was a prize twerp in selecting Theo Walcott for the 2006 World Cup squad.
We now accept Mr Eriksson was ahead of his time and correctly recognised his ability.

We wholeheartedly apologise.

How fickle are the media :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673