Crowds at the Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

22,478 is not acceptable for LCFC, in fact, it's a damn disgrace. I know it's been said time and time again but why the hell don't the greedy fat cats who wear suits, eat prawn sandwiches and live off our money actually sit down and think before snatching money. A 70% full ground is not the backing an apparantly promotion challenging team can be founded on.

Let's do some maths and basic economics. If the ticket price was was directly linked with demand then it means that as the ticket price drops, the ticket demand will rise. Obviously there is a certain amount of inelasticity in this theory because many fans are die hard fans who will pay anything (much like smokers although these tend to die soft). Now let's say that, for example, if the ticket price was £30 each then the demand would be 70% of the total tickets available (as is roughly the case now). Let's also say that every pound that comes off this ticket price the demand goes up by 2%. If this was the case then if the parasites that run our beloved club lower the base price of tickets by £10 then the demand for tickets would rise by 20%. This means that a crowd of 22,400 in a stadium with a capacity of 32,000 would swell to an improved 28,800. I'm sure you would agree that this would be good for a championship team.

The revenue gained from this suggestion and the current situation are £576,000 and £672,000 respectively. Although the club would 'lose' £96,000 per match (on tickets only), a nearly full house would be so much better than a half empty stadium. The results on the pitch would make up the short fall in finances eventually. (Also, with more fans in the stadium, more pies, programmes, beer, etc will be sold and make up the deficit).

The problem is that because this herd of oversized pompous idiots (the board) have already sold plenty of season tickets, etc, the cannot then go back and lower the prices as it would cause an uproar with the people who had already paid the over inflated price.

It's a disgusting situation to be in and is unfortunately beginning to cast a shadow over the main element in all this - Football.

I just hope that people will believe in this team and dig deep to support them.

Joe_Fox said:
22,478 is not acceptable for LCFC, in fact, it's a damn disgrace. I know it's been said time and time again but why the hell don't the greedy fat cats who wear suits, eat prawn sandwiches and live off our money actually sit down and think before snatching money. A 70% full ground is not the backing an apparantly promotion challenging team can be founded on.

Let's do some maths and basic economics. If the ticket price was was directly linked with demand then it means that as the ticket price drops, the ticket demand will rise. Obviously there is a certain amount of inelasticity in this theory because many fans are die hard fans who will pay anything (much like smokers although these tend to die soft). Now let's say that, for example, if the ticket price was £30 each then the demand would be 70% of the total tickets available (as is roughly the case now). Let's also say that every pound that comes off this ticket price the demand goes up by 2%. If this was the case then if the parasites that run our beloved club lower the base price of tickets by £10 then the demand for tickets would rise by 20%. This means that a crowd of 22,400 in a stadium with a capacity of 32,000 would swell to an improved 28,800. I'm sure you would agree that this would be good for a championship team.

The revenue gained from this suggestion and the current situation are £576,000 and £672,000 respectively. Although the club would 'lose' £96,000 per match (on tickets only), a nearly full house would be so much better than a half empty stadium. The results on the pitch would make up the short fall in finances eventually. (Also, with more fans in the stadium, more pies, programmes, beer, etc will be sold and make up the deficit).

The problem is that because this herd of oversized pompous idiots (the board) have already sold plenty of season tickets, etc, the cannot then go back and lower the prices as it would cause an uproar with the people who had already paid the over inflated price.

It's a disgusting situation to be in and is unfortunately beginning to cast a shadow over the main element in all this - Football.

Well said Joe. I for one will still be there even if we are vauxhall conference. Shame about the money grbbers at the club. I would have thought it more important that they fill the stadium as well!!! Still, I guess we need the money!

Joe_Fox said:

i was surprised at how low the crowd was for saturday. i thought we had a hard core fan base of 25K not 20 - 21K.

that said though, given the fickle nature of the 'floating' fans all it will take is a win or two and a couple of goals from connolly and i's sure we'll be up in the high twenties again

I agree, I think that a winning streak is vital to bringing back the dwindling masses. This club has got to know that if they don't mount a credible promotion campaign more and more people will not turn out. I for one Will, but I can't speak for everyone else! :(

don't see what more the club can do though. to be fair to them they seem to have backed adams in who he wants to bring in.
i agree with your post on another thread about whether the cash from williams will go on another player, but even without that on paper we have got an excellent squad, we weren't favourites without good cause i thought.

I am a Micky Adams fan, and do think all this talk of getting rid after 4 games is ridiculous, but IMO the pressure is now well and truly on him and him alone to get things going.

We have repeatedly kept the faith and i think its time he got the team giving us something to be proud of and get behind

Nottm Fox said:
don't see what more the club can do though. to be fair to them they seem to have backed adams in who he wants to bring in.
i agree with your post on another thread about whether the cash from williams will go on another player, but even without that on paper we have got an excellent squad, we weren't favourites without good cause i thought.

I am a Micky Adams fan, and do think all this talk of getting rid after 4 games is ridiculous, but IMO the pressure is now well and truly on him and him alone to get things going.

We have repeatedly kept the faith and i think its time he got the team giving us something to be proud of and get behind

Well said Notts - My sentiments exactly

Nottm Fox said:

Very true, but I certainly have less patience this season as regards results because of the type of player Mickey has brought in, they are clearly a statement of intent regarding promotion with little thought towards our future good. It's promotion or nothing in my eyes. I would have a lot more patience if we were trying to build a side which would create some foundations to the club. Mickey has chosen his route and will live or die by the results.

I hope he pulls it off.

Back on topic, yes our support is crap and boring.

Agree entirely about the crowd at the moment, but the only people who are going to do anything about it are the fans themselves. Instead of moaning like a bunch of old women - at the games as well as on this meesgeboard - we've got to get behind the team and create an atmosphere that will intimidate teams. If they're shit-scared to come to ther Walkers it'll be worth a goal head start, which in turn brings more wins, which in turn brings bigger crowds - it's all swings and roundabouts. So instead of sitting moaning like fu*k at the next game waiting for the lads to 'entertain' you, let's get behind them from the start and make things happen?

And Bobby, with regard to the signings he's made, are you sure? He's brought in Gudjonsson, Williams and Connolly in the summer, who are all good young players with long futures ahead of them - they are the future. And if you add them to the likes of Canero and Morris (if he ever plays), Heath and Stewart (if he ever acts like he wants to play) and young lads coming through like Wright, Stearman, O'Grady and the rest, and things really don't look that bad for the futre at all. You need some old heads to get you out of this division - you'd do fu*k all in this division if you lobbed all the youngsters in all in one go.

Bloody hell - where are those chill pills?

Agree entirely about the crowd at the moment, but the only people who are going to do anything about it are the fans themselves. Instead of moaning like a bunch of old women - at the games as well as on this meesgeboard - we've got to get behind the team and create an atmosphere that will intimidate teams. If they're shit-scared to come to ther Walkers it'll be worth a goal head start, which in turn brings more wins, which in turn brings bigger crowds - it's all swings and roundabouts. So instead of sitting moaning like fu*k at the next game waiting for the lads to 'entertain' you, let's get behind them from the start and make things happen?

And Bobby, with regard to the signings he's made, are you sure? He's brought in Gudjonsson, Williams and Connolly in the summer, who are all good young players with long futures ahead of them - they are the future. And if you add them to the likes of Canero and Morris (if he ever plays), Heath and Stewart (if he ever acts like he wants to play) and young lads coming through like Wright, Stearman, O'Grady and the rest, and things really don't look that bad for the futre at all. You need some old heads to get you out of this division - you'd do fu*k all in this division if you lobbed all the youngsters in all in one go.

Bloody hell - where are those chill pills?

The older players do bother me, I know we need experience but we also need a bit of stability. We have plenty of players on 1 year deals again.

If Connolly settles he will be a great signing and although some have their doubts I think Williams will turn out as a good servant, so things are hopefully going the right way.

I just don't want to be turning up for the first game of the season in a couple of years time seeing 7 new signings, 5 of which are over 30.

The only way for attendance to improve is for performances to improve. Lots of people got their first STs last year, or would have had their first experiences at the Walkers last year, local Premiership football in a new stadium would have attracted a lot of new fans especially with the growing popularity of football. However we put in a lot of awful performances and that would have turned people off. Sure they turned up for the first game of the season with all the pre-season optimism that we all get but they ended up seeing a disappointing performance (understandable with 10 men, but still dull).

The prices need to go down, or at least the grading of matches needs to be changed, but mostly we need to start performing and scoring goals. We've not seen a goal at the Walkers this season, and the performances haven't been brilliant, anyone who expected 'total football' is obviously living in a dream world, but people (who aren't as passionate about a certain club, and that's who we're talking about here) don't want to spend £40 to watch very boring football in Division 2/Division 1/The Championship when they could spend the same to go to Brum/Villa just up the road and watch Arsenal/Chelski/Man U etc.

Hopefully we'll start winning, start scoring, and fans will start coming back. It's August as well remember, holiday month still, people might have thought 'I'll stick around for West Ham and Derby but I don't fancy Millwall and Watford'.

i'm pretty sure we have a die-hard of around 13-15K, as evidenced by the last 15 years or so.

take Man City in the FA cup last year as an example. Poor attendance but great atosphere as all die-hards attended.

SamJ

Has anyone actually considered how low the attendance is likely to be against Brighton due to the following factors:

- Its against Brighton
- Its on a Monday night
- Its on Sky
- Its not a fans fixture (disgrace IMO)
- We only got 22.5k against Watford (more attractive fixture than Brighton) on a Saturday afternoon

I'm estimating somewhere around 15k unfortunately for that one, but I will be there.

sheffield_fox said:
Has anyone actually considered how low the attendance is likely to be against Brighton due to the following factors:

- Its against Brighton
- Its on a Monday night
- Its on Sky
- Its not a fans fixture (disgrace IMO)
- We only got 22.5k against Watford (more attractive fixture than Brighton) on a Saturday afternoon

I'm estimating somewhere around 15k unfortunately for that one, but I will be there.

Actually its a midday kick-off!

And members get a £5 discount.
If the weather is good we should get about 24K i would say.

As other people have said allot of fans only want to come and see teams that win so the earlier we get 3 points at home and a good performance the better.

I think the attendance against Brighton will be around the 20,000 mark to be honest. There are too many prediction league things these days but just for this match, let's play.

Depends on the Wolves result
If we lose, I'm going for 16,500

If we win, 19,500

homer said:
Depends on the Wolves result
If we lose, I'm going for 16,500

If we win, 19,500

Same ol' Homer
Hedging his bets
same ol' Homer
Hedging his bets

:lol: :lol:

I'm just not making rash judgements without full possession of the facts

the Wolves game is an important factor, which you should be building into your crowd estimate equation

I ought to add the weather factor as well, but can't be arsed

homer said:
I'm just not making rash judgements without full possession of the facts

the Wolves game is an important factor, which you should be building into your crowd estimate equation

I ought to add the weather factor as well, but can't be arsed

What, weather or not it's worth doing? :lol:
Homer, what I meant by hedging your bets was that you put two guesses, ie hedging your bets. You take things too seriously mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566