Crystal Palace 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the BBC have their stats right, that's the first time we've done the double over Palace in my lifetime (since the 72/73 season).

Another superb result. Big Nige is rapidly becoming one of the best Leicester managers ever...

There's many, many things I like about Pearson's Leicester side, but up there right near the top would be how good we are at seeing games out.

It's the polar opposite of Micky Adams' side.

Another superb result. Big Nige is rapidly becoming one of the best Leicester managers ever...

I agree, I thought he was a poor, cheap choice when he was appointed but he is THE MAN!!...All Hail King Nigel!!...:038::038::038::038::071::071:

For those of us too young to really appreciate the MON era let alone the Gillies and Bloomfield eras, Pearson really is a god.

There's many, many things I like about Pearson's Leicester side, but up there right near the top would be how good we are at seeing games out.

Agreed.

My only criticism is that he doesn't seem to be able to changes things positively if we go one nil down, but given how strong we are defensively, it very rarely matters.

I love you Nige!

Last edited:
Goal was on SSN about 3 mins ago. Good finish from Bruno. He wasn't exactly square on goal.

Oakley unlucky in the first half.

The camera appeared to be a bit quick on sending off incident. Not that it matters :icon_wink

Great result! Listened on Player... but between kids fannying about and missus whittling on, I may have missed some substitutions... did we pick up any injuries? Didn't that CBeebies reject commentating say that Waghorn went off holding his groin?

Bruno Berner is my Jesus.

There's a new chant for the Kop.

To the tune of 'Your Own Personal Jesus?' :102:

"Bruno... Berner... Is Jesus... He hasn't got long hair, but we don't care..."

I don't think I could be happier as a City fan atm.

A nice, big thrashing of the inbreds on tv on Sunday may make me reconsider though.

Great result! Listened on Player... but between kids fannying about and missus whittling on, I may have missed some substitutions... did we pick up any injuries? Didn't that CBeebies reject commentating say that Waghorn went off holding his groin?

He might want to hold his groin ... I heard he chucked his shirt at the bench when subbed.

It's an incredibly refreshing feeling as it seemed most of our recent turn-outs including the Mickey Adams era seemed to just be so frail and rarely put in convincingly positive displays.

Considering what we've gone through, I'm extremely happy with what's going on at the moment.

Big Nige is rapidly becoming one of the best Leicester managers ever...

Steady on.

Just got back, one of the strangest matches I have seen for a long time. We simply could not have played much better for an hour, Solano, Hobbs and Wellens were all magnificent and Oakley looked quality too - then for the last part we simply started to waste possession and look nervous, drop deep and Palace went for it.

I noticed NP go absolutely mental when N'Guessan decided to try and set up Wellens for a chance on goal at 91 mins, as opposed to running the clock down and I felt that a bit more experience in the last ten minutes would have helped - just keep the ball Leicester. This was clearly felt from the blue army who were largely silent until the final whistle, such was our nerves.

The nerves were there because three points today is huge. We are now 8 points clear in the play offs with a game in hand, which if we win takes us a point behind Florist. Someone pinch me, but the last time we played a league game at Shithouse Park we were just such a different team in every way, I believe we drew 2-2 and Porter was one of our better players in Martin Adams new look side.

Credit to Pearson, we have a chance at a crack at the Premiership; with a very good team. Tonight for an hour it was men against boys, and for me Solano and Hobbs by far the best players on the park - with Wellens a close third.

Strange that LCFC fans let off a RED flare and also strange that the Palace fans were so excitable throughout. They look a team in real trouble.

I want to make a suggestive joke about happily holding Waghorn's groin for him, but I fear too many similar jokes will have too much of a profound effect.

Appears as though Weale has made some more result-saving saves again. Sounds like he deserves a lot of credit too.

An excellent result. What a great signing Bruno has been.

I agree that Nigel is doing a superb job and is the best Leicester manager since MON.
However, I would not knock Micky Adams who I thought did a superb job in our promotion year and who faced terrible financial problems not of his own making. I always thought that the La Manga crisis coming on top of the strain of fighting relegation seemed to knock him off balance. The season that he left half way through he seemed a shadow of the manager who had got promotion.

Nigel will only become a great manager if he can establish us in the First Division the way that Jimmy Bloomfield and Martin O'Neill did. I have a hunch that he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669