Post Match Crystal Palace 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamza, Gray and Nacho all showed while their minutes have been severely limited this season.

This game showed us what we know - we have a very good first XI and a fairly decent squad - but not yet deep enough in quality in attack.

7 changes was arrogant and we got what we deserved. Maddison has played 10 games this season and should have played. Perez has clearly shown he deserves to play as second choice striker. We would have been 2 or 3-0 up at half time with those changes alone.
He was cleaning his designer boots.

Two points shat down the pan against a team of absolute dogshit

The blame is wholly on the ****wit who believed that team selection was anywhere near good enough to win a Premier League game. Chiudhury and Nacho shouldn’t be anywhere near the ****ing first team. Stupid, stuoid, ****ing stupid

And don’t get me started on the decision to bring Gray on FFS

Absolutely ****ing ludicrous

As I said in another thread. I appreciate that we played two days ago, but it’s different to last year as we don’t play again for another six days and then there’s an FA Cup fixture after that. I don’t think we needed to make as many changes as we did, it’s too disruptive.

Should've won that.

Must, must, must sign a striker if we want to avoid falling just short again.

I don't care that its tough to sign a backup to Vardy, there has to be better than Nacho.
I don't think we will get even Europa league next season if we can't win games like this. The top 4 is going to start looking a lot less unusual in a few weeks and we are not going to be in the running with the kind of results we are getting. Would you even be surprised if we lost the next match to Newcastle?

To be fair, that's 19 points from 8 away games and we've only lost at Liverpool. That must be our best run away from home in the PL ever.

Two games in 48 hours meant that we were always going to make a load of changes. Unfortunately, too many of those that haven't been playing showed us why. With Under and Maddison ruled out through injury, I'm not sure what other options BR had.

Barnes did well. Mendy was tidy. Not really impressed with anyone else today. Perez, Iheanacho and Praet were well below their levels. Choudhury was a waste of a shirt as usual.

Kasper 4 - that volley was tame and right at him no excuse for not saving that
Justin 7 - defended well, got forward well solid game
Amartey 8 - dealt with the physicality of Benteke, used the ball well, very assured performance from the 4th choice CB
Evans 7 - standard Evans performance
Thomas 7 - same as Justin on the other side, needs more game time though, not that Castagne is back we still need to find this lad minutes
Mendy 7 - standard Papy Mendy, tidy efficient with the ball and screened the back 4 well
Hamza 6 - fine game harshly booked
Praet 6 - did nothing wrong but didn't really do much right either, wasted a good chance
Perez 5 - marked down for letting Iheanacho have the penalty otherwise worked hard and tried to create
Barnes 8 - superb goal on his weaker foot some of his shots on his right were awful
Iheanacho 1 - You cannot convince me Slimani is a worse option than this lad now, as soon as he stuttered on the penalty I knew he'd miss

Tielemans 5 - completely left Zaha for the goal
Vardy 6 - barely got a sniff
Gray 5 - tried to link with Justin down the right, blazed the free kick over

Two points dropped.

Still don’t know how Gray goes from nowhere near the squad to being our second substitute of the day. Typical Brendan that.
because Under is injured and we have no other attackers

7 changes was arrogant and we got what we deserved. Maddison has played 10 games this season and should have played. Perez has clearly shown he deserves to play as second choice striker. We would have been 2 or 3-0 up at half time with those changes alone.
Maddison and Fofana are both nursing knee problems, Castagne is just back from months out with a hamstring injury, Ndidi being managed in his return, Vardy managing a groin issue, Tielemans has been run into the ground this season and Albrighton was out on his feet Saturday

Seventy odd minutes for Iheanacho. Seventy.... Appalling from start to finish. We got it so badly wrong today.

Vardy needed to start. It was utter, utter lunacy to start with Iheanacho. Praet gave us exactly what he nearly always does; **** all creativity. We just had nothing in the last 3rd and it was painfully obvious at HT that something needed changing.

The only bright sparks to come out of this are the performance of Amartey who I thought was outstanding and Barnes who tried everything to bring a stroke of creativity into the side, eventually rescuing us with a great strike.

What an opportunity lost.

We did enough to win that yet didn't. I guess that's how it goes sometimes, particularly when you have an inept/out of form/lacking in confidence (pick as suits) striker.

Plus sides; Amartey came through and looked good. I love Papy Mendy; his energy, reading of the game and simplicity are all excellent. Barnes is slowly showing he can hit the target. Justin just gets better (albeit with the odd wobble)

Tbh, I reckon first half we looked good. We deserved to have gone in ahead and if we had, the 2nd half would have been a different matter. Their goal (a good finish) gave them belief and something to fight for, and we found ourselves up against it.

That'll be the last we see of DG, a player who has always fancied himself more than anyone else does. Good luck at Spurs.

And what the **** to do with Nacho. It's clear the alphabet isn't big enough for a plan that includes him. He might be good in training but he looks inept come game time. Time to call it a day with him I reckon

As I said in another thread. I appreciate that we played two days ago, but it’s different to last year as we don’t play again for another six days and then there’s an FA Cup fixture after that. I don’t think we needed to make as many changes as we did, it’s too disruptive.

There are a couple of good articles about saying that players need at least 72 hours between matches or they risk injury. It is a big gamble to play anyone carrying any kind of knock or sore joint. Hence most of the changes today.

I will take a point and no injuries today. We could easily be talking about a Ndidi or a Vardy or a Castagne being out for several weeks now. The big picture is that we have a minimum of 25 matches ahead of us. If we are serious about trying to be competitive in the EL, we have to do things like this today.

The real point about us not playing Newcastle until Sunday is why the feck were we playing today then? We could easily have played this match tomorrow or Wednesday. That's what is wrong here.

Maddison and Fofana are both nursing knee problems, Castagne is just back from months out with a hamstring injury, Ndidi being managed in his return, Vardy managing a groin issue, Tielemans has been run into the ground this season and Albrighton was out on his feet Saturday
Albrighton would have been a much better option than having Iheanacho anywhere near the team.

Vardy could have started the game and then been rested at HT, he ended up having to be used anyway.

Shape it how you want, that starting eleven stunk and so it panned out.

For me the players have to take the blame not the manager. Nacho had two glorious chances in the 1st half that he should score. Kasper should save there goal. We were little down by their poor performances not the manager.

Brendan turned up thinking he was the Prince of Slaneesh but he walked straight into Roy’s Realm of Chaos.

WARHAMMUUUUHHHH
He did counter Brenda’s orcs with his chaos warriors in the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472