Post Match Crystal Palace 2 - Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Poor. Both goals from set pieces.

Let Palace dictate the game from start to finish. Played right into their hands.

Their number 7 ripped us to bits.

Ah well. Onwards.

Last edited:
Re: Palace 2 - City 0

Wrong tactics, wrong team selection

Flat as a pancake, from start to finish

Complete pish

For most of the match, they hassled our players every time we had the ball and it worked.
Our defence wasn´t as tight as it usually is and our finishing wasn´t quite up to par today. Still.......we can´t win ´em all..and isn´t it burn-lee up next?

PS it is also the first match that we have had the majority of possession.........food for thought?

Last edited:

made the same mistake as utd did last week. horses for courses - we picked a miler to take on the gold cup ! bit shocked that we were as naive as that but perhaps NP wanted to see if we could boss the game with our formation and let them worry about us. not easy away from home. we needed to be getting behind their full backs and turning their centre halves. i think we did it on a couple of occasions but we didnt give ourselves enough of a chance and chucking balls towards leo was too easy for them. against two banks of four, we looked toothless. the first time we have come across a side that will end up in and around us come the latter part of the season (in all probability). outmuscled in general and we looked ponderous in possession.

We were always going to have days like this. I can't say I'm all that bothered. I do think we should bring in Mahrez and/or Albrigjton and/or Knockaert against the ginger twat's lot next week.

Well that was absolutely abject shit on every level possible.

Looked totally bereft of ideas, looked tired and lacking energy. Absolute dog shit today I'm affraid.

Wrong tactics, wrong team selection

Flat as a pancake, from start to finish

Complete pish

Spot on. Just when I believe that we're picking teams and tactics based on the opposition, we go and ignore it completely. This was a game that cried out for some width from us. Mahrez looked a threat when he came on. He should have started.

Having said that, Vardy wasted a wonderful chance first half. It was pants finishing. This was the first game where we've had the bulk of the possession (60%) and we manage one shot on target.

Small point about Schmeichel. That's five games played, ten goals conceded. I've been disappointed with him so far as he was one I thought would excel at this level.

Last edited:
Typical reaction after an unbelievable game vs ManU. Let's hope for a better reaction vs Burnley!

Bit of a reality check. Switched off for 2 quick set pieces and the game was over. Fair play to Palace though - they have is no space and Bolaise ran de Laet ragged.

Small point about Schmeichel. That's five games played, ten goals conceded. I've been disappointed with him so far as he was one I thought would excel at this level.

what did he do wrong re the goals ? as for the remainder of the match, he's never been one for coming and collecting crosses.

Schmeichel has made umpteen saves this years. Let's have it straight. He's a cracking goalie who we are lucky to have.
Agreed that we could have picked a different side, but if Vardy's clean cut chance goes in, then its a different game. Schlupp and Mahrez are obviously good options that should be considered just as 'first team' as ulloa, vardy, nugent..
I thought today would be difficult, as Palace have hit on a good formula and finished top half last year for a reason. We are top Half, and in a way i'd have been more worieed if we'd won scabbily today. I think it will teach us a good lesson and ensure that Nigel doesn't think that we can play win. Prem Games with the same tactics each time - which im sure he doesn't..

Thought that might happen. Hate Shitehouse Park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought that might happen. Hate Shitehouse Park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, thought we'd get that after the United result last week.

Poor performance, but we're still ahead of where I expected us to be at this stage.
Beat Burnley next week and it's fine. I'd expect changes for that, and I think it will be the first team Pearson names what he really sees as his general first choice XI.

what did he do wrong re the goals ? as for the remainder of the match, he's never been one for coming and collecting crosses.

Schmeichel has made umpteen saves this years. Let's have it straight. He's a cracking goalie who we are lucky to have.

I just don't think he's inspiring confidence at the moment. I'm one of his biggest supporters usually. Last season, he was superb. But so far, he's not saved anything he shouldn't have and his decision making has been suspect. Our achilles heel last season was defending set pieces and he has us too deep because he won't come off his line. I also think he's committing to saves too early so if there is a deflection, or dummy, or chip, he's fecked.

Ultimately, if we end up conceding two goals every game, we're not going to stay up. We can't be satisfied that this is the norm. If Schmeichel isn't responsible, who is? The only time we've been defensively solid is when Schmeichel wasn't playing.

Edit: Just to say I'm currently watching Lloris commanding his area for Spurs. He's taking pressure off and asserting himself. The contrast to Schmeichel so far this season is obvious, particularly today.

Last edited:

made the same mistake as utd did last week. horses for courses - we picked a miler to take on the gold cup ! bit shocked that we were as naive as that but perhaps NP wanted to see if we could boss the game with our formation and let them worry about us. not easy away from home. we needed to be getting behind their full backs and turning their centre halves. i think we did it on a couple of occasions but we didnt give ourselves enough of a chance and chucking balls towards leo was too easy for them. against two banks of four, we looked toothless. the first time we have come across a side that will end up in and around us come the latter part of the season (in all probability). outmuscled in general and we looked ponderous in possession.

Ponderous the entire match. Vardy's break away and decision not to switch a pass to a free Nugent was poor.. almost Knockyesque. Too many players below par, we need to be much more positive in possession next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566