Crystal Palace - Championship - Saturday 10th March 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off: 3pm

Tickets

We have been allocated 1064 tickets for this match priced at £25 Adults, £15 Seniors(60+) and £15 Under 16's.

Tickets will go on sale as follows;

Monday 26th February - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 27th February - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 28th February - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 1st March - Members

Friday 2nd March - General Sale

Fox Travel

Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 9.30am and are priced as follows;

Adult (Season Ticket Holder) £14.50

Concession (Season Ticket Holder) £12.50

Adult (Non Season Ticket Holder) £15.50

Concession (Non Season Ticket Holder) £13.50

Directions & Parking

There are many ways to get there, but these IMO seemed the best route.

Approx 135 Miles (Allow a good 4 hours for travelling)

M1
M25
Leave the M25 at Junction 10 and follow the A3 towards London. After about ten miles you will reach the Tolworth roundabout at which you turn right onto the A240 towards Epsom. After about three miles turn onto the A232 towards Sutton. Follow the A232 through Sutton and Carshalton and just before reaching Croydon, turn left onto the A23 north towards Thornton Heath'. Where the A23 bears left at Thornton Heath (at the Horsehoe pub roundabout). Here you must go straight over, into Brigstock Road (B266), passing Thornton Heath Station on your left and bearing right on to the High Street. At the next mini roundabout, (Whitehorse Road/Grange Road) go left into Whitehorse Lane. The ground is on your right.

There is plenty of street parking in the area. Please note that the traffic can be pretty bad on Saturdays even without football traffic, so make sure you allow yourself some extra time to make the journey.

Trains

The closest stations are Selhurts or Norwood Junction (About a 10 - 15 Minute walk away)

Most of the cheap advance tickets have gone on the trains that would be ideal for the game. The cheapest train tickets available at the minute are as follows: 11am Leicester - London St Pancras (£13) and 6.55pm London St Pancras - Leicester (£16). Rather than buying a railcard in London which will cost £5.70 you will be better to walk to Kings Cross Thames Link and get a Cheap Day Return to Norwood Junction which costs £4.

Alternitavely, you can travel to London on National Express. They have funfares still available at £5 each way on the 9.25am Service and returning on the 6.30pm service. You then need to get a Cheap Day Return from London Victoria to Norwood Junction, again this costs £4.

Pubs

There are a variety of pubs to drink at, but maybe RS is the best person to advise on this ??

Re: Crystal Palce - Championship - Saturday 10th March 2007

A few of us London Branchers will be using The Railway Telegraph before & after the game - turn right out of Thornton Heath station and it's across the road - it's about 15-20 minutes walk to the ground.

London Victoria is the best station for Thornton Heath.

Last edited:

im off to this one :icon_bigg

rip off, 25 quid for the opportunity to travel around that ****er, might never find the ground.

This has got to be one of the worst ground i've ever been to. Absolute shit hole, in the middle of nowhere and we tend to get beat everytime we play there! Last time i went we lost 3-0 and Bruce Dyer got a hat trick. Shocking.

Anyone think there will be a problem getting tickets when they go on general sale on Friday???

There are only 1100 or so tickets available.

Anyone think there will be a problem getting tickets when they go on general sale on Friday???

There are only 1100 or so tickets available.

i dont think you will have a prob with this game. the location puts many off

I'll be in Birmingham :mad: :icon_roll

Any reason for the deletion of your post Melton?:icon_lol:

I tried to delete my as I thought it was unappropriate but it was already deleted.

I sent that message about the Southend match. Didn't realise you were on about Palace! :icon_redf

i dont think you will have a prob with this game. the location puts many off

Just bought 17 tickets on row 37 for the game. Mates birthday 8:00am train to st pancras with muchos drinking all day.

2 questions for anybody in the know :)

1: is row 37 near the back of the stand???
2: is there any away friendly pubs near the ground and what station would be best to get off at to find this pub!

Thanks in advance

FKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572