Crystal Palace FA Cup 3rd round (home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost, but we put in performances to match the rest of the Premier League teams in their matches against the aforementioned teams.

I remember people dishing out the plaudits for these matches, can't you?

i most certainly do remember, people were very happy we played with some pride and passion instead of playing like we just did not care.

The difference this time is, we are already playing with pride and passion, so it will be a good test to see if this team can beat a champion team on a good run.

The difference this time is, we are already playing with pride and passion, so it will be a good test to see if this team can beat a champion team on a good run.
Yep, I see that viewpoint.

Another spin would be that Crystal Palace is the direction we are heading in, let's run ahead quickly to see what it's like there.

Still don't buy it though. If NP is seriously using this as a measure of where we are for next season, I hope we get stuffed 0-6 and it forces him and MM to buy big in the closed season.

what about when we beat Spurs then? Why were not promoted then?

Cos we were $hit......

I mean they raved on TV about MDV in that game remember and what a good midfielder Stephen Hughes was and......... shall I go on? Even if we do sparkle against Palace I can not see anyone seriously thinking we can take The Championship by storm next season unless we get a deeper squad of Championship players and I'm sure NP is aware of that and wants to "take one game at at a time" as he's said before

Cos we were $hit......

I mean they raved on TV about MDV in that game remember and what a good midfielder Stephen Hughes was and......... shall I go on? Even if we do sparkle against Palace I can not see anyone seriously thinking we can take The Championship by storm next season unless we get a deeper squad of Championship players and I'm sure NP is aware of that and wants to "take one game at at a time" as he's said before

Where are Hughes and MDV these days? Anyone still wanting to employ them?

For the record, I think it will be an interesting test of this team to see them face a team at a higher level, but I don't think it really has much (if any) relevance to how we'll fair next season. If anything, if we get thrashed by Palace it probably shows more than if we beat them! It's just good to see whether these players can step it up at all from where they are currently though.

* In answer to my own question, MDV signed for Dutch 2nd division side SC Cambuur. Hughes is still at Motherwell, forgot that

Last edited:

and here's me thinking it's because we are playing shite teams week in week out.

Last edited:
Cos we were $hit......

yes please, we want to hear more

If I was a Palace fan I would not want to be playing the team that is top of the League below on their own ground. On the other hand our youngsters should be relishing the chance to test themselves against better players. In conclusion our players should want it more than theirs.
As for Neil Warnock he went out of his way to criticize Leicester when we were nearly down and out. So far as I know he is the only manager where Micky Adams refused to shake his hand at the end of a match. Warnock is an unpleasant character with all the graciousness of Sir Alex Ferguson but without any of the ability.

All Nige says is

"Even though it is just a one off it gives us a chance to see where we are at."

:102:

They're just boring old Palace really.

I hope our supporters don't get boring again by asking if they cried at Wembley. A significant proportion of the away crowd and indeed the Palace team tomorrow will have no recollection of that game at all.

Its the 3rd Round of the FA Cup - a great day. I am looking forward to this game and hope both clubs put out their best possible 11 and we get a good crowd.

Hoping for a win and a home draw against a Prem side in Rnd 4.

Win or lose there is no point making drawing conclusions about how stand re. the Champ-ship. It's just one game and lots will happend between now and hopefully promotion.

Would love to stuff Colin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670