Crystal Palace go in to administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

I can't remember where i saw the story but Warnock was moaning about how the club didn't go into voluntary administration and that it was a hedge fund that forced them too, and how we shouldn't say that CP was run poorly etc etc.

I seem to remember him whining like a bitch when we were forced into admin...

Redditch Fox

I can't remember where i saw the story but Warnock was moaning about how the club didn't go into voluntary administration and that it was a hedge fund that forced them too, and how we shouldn't say that CP was run poorly etc etc.

I seem to remember him whining like a bitch when we were forced into admin...

Sorry to confuse things by introducing some facts but what Warnock actually complained about was that we came out of administration largely unscathed and went on to get promoted. This process largely influenced the authorities to introduce the points penalty rule.

As for Palace - my understanding is that Warnock has moaned mainly about the timing of the club going into administration - i.e. just before they were in a position to possibly avert it through transfer window sales.

Warnock comes in for a lot of stick on this Forum - mainly from idiots (not including you of course) who (based on their posts) have pretty dire judgement and I guess know about 1% of what he knows about football.

He is a strong minded, loud mouthed manager - and an excellent motivator and decent coach. Not a great manager - but adds a bit of much needed characted to a bland game.

Nottingham Fox

Sorry to confuse things by introducing some facts but what Warnock actually complained about was that we came out of administration largely unscathed and went on to get promoted. This process largely influenced the authorities to introduce the points penalty rule.

As for Palace - my understanding is that Warnock has moaned mainly about the timing of the club going into administration - i.e. just before they were in a position to possibly avert it through transfer window sales.

Warnock comes in for a lot of stick on this Forum - mainly from idiots (not including you of course) who (based on their posts) have pretty dire judgement and I guess know about 1% of what he knows about football.

He is a strong minded, loud mouthed manager - and an excellent motivator and decent coach. Not a great manager - but adds a bit of much needed characted to a bland game.

But Warnock is a **** right?

homer

He also looks like Mrs Doubtfire, which is no bad thing in the modern game.....

Redditch Fox

But Warnock is a **** right?

Right !- but unlike some he is not a useless ****

He's always good for a laugh and on a good day can get his teams to play out of their skins. Unfortunately, we haven't always been blessed with managers who could ever achieve that - and at one time would have been better off with Warnock. Unfortunately, the infantile rubbish and bias from some quarters helped to prevent that.

Incidentally, whatever happened to the Foxes Trust? Never hear from them or of them these days?

Kingy_85

He's always good for a laugh and on a good day can get his teams to play out of their skins. Unfortunately, we haven't always been blessed with managers who could ever achieve that - and at one time would have been better off with Warnock. Unfortunately, the infantile rubbish and bias from some quarters helped to prevent that.

Incidentally, whatever happened to the Foxes Trust? Never hear from them or of them these days?

Nigel ?

SJN-Fox

Warnock was winging on the other day at how wrong it is that they have been deducted points. ****ing hypocrite.

Willlow

He also wound me up moaning about the Villa game and the corner that shouldnt have been.

Ok it did come off the defender, but it wasnt picked up by any of the commentators or seemingly the players at the time. It was only during the slow motion reply that it is obvious. However, Warnock acts as if it is the worst decision he has ever seen and bleets on about the linesmen being suspended.

fcukcov

Well the same happened in the round before for their opening goal against Wolves, hypocrite.

As his wife pointed out to him apparantly!

Redditch Fox

Nonetheless - when one of the 'top' club plays a 'lower' club and the 'top' club is struggling there is a regular pattern of a dodgy decision assisting the 'top' club.

Obviously there are exceptions to this rule where it happens the other way round - but I think that these are relatively rare exceptions.

For instance, do people really believe that the away side gets an even break from the officials at Old Trafford or Ibrox - or indeed wherever Rangers and Celtic play home and away ? When Liverpool were at their most powerful - how often did the away side get bad decisions at the Kop end?

One of the several issues is that when Premiership referees ref a Cup game involving a 'big' Premiership team and a team from a lower division, there have been a number of complaints that the ref is chatty and on first name terms with the Premiership players - and the opponents feel disadvantaged.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

But did it? Was it "the process" itself that induced the authorities to act? Or was it the moaning from people like Warnock which encouraged the authorities to bring in the penalties?

The two things are quite different. If it was the latter - even if the latter was only 50% the reason - then Warnock is truly hoisted by his own petard. And I don't think there is a single person in the world who would argue that his constant protestations and rabble-rousing did not have an effect on the FA at the time.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Yes - that's all very well. But can we keep off the subject of BG - just for the moment.

I find myself in full agreement with you on that one. And it's not the first or last time that City fans have conspired against their own interests.

It's probably for the best.

Redditch Fox

But did it? Was it "the process" itself that induced the authorities to act? Or was it the moaning from people like Warnock which encouraged the authorities to bring in the penalties?

The two things are quite different. If it was the latter - even if the latter was only 50% the reason - then Warnock is truly hoisted by his own petard. And I don't think there is a single person in the world who would argue that his constant protestations and rabble-rousing did not have an effect on the FA at the time.

I don't think that it needed Warnock to highlight the fact that administration if handled shrewdly could - in certain circumstances - be a smart move.

I don't have a problem with points penalties arising from self-inflicted financial and regulatory issues but -once again - there is no consistency in how clubs are treated. The classic case being the crucifiction of Luton Town and the relative tolerance shown to West Ham over Tevez. In the latter case, a club was allowed to play an improperly registered player who effectivily saved them from relegation.

This is all part of the lack of even handedness shown by the authorities. Another example is the way Alex Ferguson is allowed to effectively intimidate and publicly verbally abuse officials and very little is done about it. I don't think that the manager of say Oldham or Stockport would get off so lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669