Current players (and managers) thread.

Listened to the BSLB podcast on the drive home. About half way through. Ric is not a fan of Cooper already. Some interesting points. Worth a listen…

Listened to the BSLB podcast on the drive home. About half way through. Ric is not a fan of Cooper already. Some interesting points. Worth a listen…

They reference the 'message boards' on there - namely "Foxestalk and Bentley's Roof". We don't even get a mention.

I wonder if most City fans even know we exist?

They reference the 'message boards' on there - namely "Foxestalk and Bentley's Roof". We don't even get a mention.

I wonder if most City fans even know we exist?

We don’t have a Leicester reference in our name - we originated as part of Jeff’s grander plan (remember the pool forum or whatever it was). It’s good to be incognito

It’s bad enough some of the complete nobbers we have on here already. Imagine how bad it would be if people knew we existed

We don’t have a Leicester reference in our name - we originated as part of Jeff’s grander plan (remember the pool forum or whatever it was). It’s good to be incognito

It’s bad enough some of the complete nobbers we have on here already. Imagine how bad it would be if people knew we existed

I always assumed you were on some kind of register so that people HAVE to know you exist?

The snooker forum was due to Glyn's links to the Cardiff Snooker league, but it was private so only their members could access it. They got their own forum after a while.
I first started it on Filbertstreet.net, in the 1990s, so it's the oldest Leicester forum by a long way. It moved to leicestershire.com after we left Filbert Street, but I started getting offers for that domain so decided to move it again, and talking balls seemed to be an appropriate name considering the content of the site. I did briefly toy with the idea of making it more general than just Leicester, but that idea didn't last long.

One thing I've never done, and never encouraged people to do, is spam other places (like facebook, twitter, other forums etc) with links to tb. Other sites have done that (or certainly used to). Google used to see links to a site as being very important, so when they saw a lot of links on social media to Foxestalk, they became the top result on Google, so people looking for a Leicester forum would find them first, and stay there.
Forums in general have declined in recent years though, as people have moved to other forms of social media instead.

The snooker forum was due to Glyn's links to the Cardiff Snooker league, but it was private so only their members could access it. They got their own forum after a while.
I first started it on Filbertstreet.net, in the 1990s, so it's the oldest Leicester forum by a long way. It moved to leicestershire.com after we left Filbert Street, but I started getting offers for that domain so decided to move it again, and talking balls seemed to be an appropriate name considering the content of the site. I did briefly toy with the idea of making it more general than just Leicester, but that idea didn't last long.

One thing I've never done, and never encouraged people to do, is spam other places (like facebook, twitter, other forums etc) with links to tb. Other sites have done that (or certainly used to). Google used to see links to a site as being very important, so when they saw a lot of links on social media to Foxestalk, they became the top result on Google, so people looking for a Leicester forum would find them first, and stay there.
Forums in general have declined in recent years though, as people have moved to other forms of social media instead.
I've wondered lately if specific subject forums will make a comeback due to the complete cesspool general social media channels have become (which was always going to happen) It'd be nice to be able to discuss football, music, hobbies etc without being constantly spammed by right wing political accounts, conspiracy theorists, "biz opps" & suchlike shite. We can but hope I guess.

I got all nostalgic reading your post. Remembering how lovely & quiet the internet used to be before big companies, government, political nutjobs & spammers discovered it & social media flooded it with inane trivia. It was such a nice little place. Like a Somerset village you'd like to retire to.

Now it's like ****ing Gotham City. But there's no Batman.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34