Curtis Davies to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you want him back? Would him and Bamba be a great pairing or far too casual for their own good?

Difficult question but my gut feel is 'no', I wouldn't want him back. Sol scores goals which gives him an extra advantage but long term probably needs someone more solid beside him for the reason in your final question.

I Would take him back in an instant. I'd like to see us push for a permanent deal, but even on loan he could make the difference this season.

I'm not convinced that he would be a good long term option given his constant injuries. He's want a lot of wages for someone who only plays 50% of games. Similar to Vitor, who has actually impressed me more than Davies.

Given our current options I'd take him back, for the rest of the season, without a thought.

The only problem is who plays on the left hand side - can't see either Bamba or Davies being a perfect fit

But still a better option than Mee or an out-of-form Hobbs

The only problem is who plays on the left hand side - can't see either Bamba or Davies being a perfect fit

But still a better option than Mee or an out-of-form Hobbs

Think I read something about Bamba playing on the left for Hibs.

thecurtisdavies
En route to Leicester to re-join Sven's revolution!
9 minutes ago via ÃœberTwitter

Looks like this is a done deal :038:

Weale
Naughton
Davies
Bamba
van Aanholt
Wellens
King
Abe
Dyer
Yakubu
Vassell

Gallagher, Berner, Hobbs to back them up - plus Vitor when fit

Moussa, Howard, Logan to help fill the bench if desperate

One more striker (if Waggy goes) and/or midfielder to complete a very tasty squad indeed

Last edited:
Curtis Davis is over-rated, particularly by himself. However I'd have to reluctantly concede that he is better than Hobbs & with Vitor out & injury prone, it is probably prudent to have him here.

Weale
Naughton
Davies
Bamba
van Aanholt
Wellens
King
Abe
Dyer
Yakubu
Vassell

One more striker (if Waggy goes) and/or midfielder to complete a very tasty squad indeed

Ouch... someone is going to take an absolute hammering from us before the end of the season.

Weale
Naughton
Davies
Bamba
van Aanholt
Wellens
King
Abe
Dyer
Yakubu
Vassell

I like this, a lot.

@thecurtisdavies: "Can't believe the Yak Attack has bullied my number, I'll just have to weights him in training! : s "

Weale
Naughton
Davies
Bamba
van Aanholt
Wellens
King
Abe
Dyer
Yakubu
Vassell

Starting to look like a team that could do a bit in the division above as well, if we did manage to get up there (which I personally think is unlikely this season) we wouldn't need to totally rebuild in pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669