Curtis Davies to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Naughton, Davies, van Aanholt, and Yakubu went back to there clubs.

I'd guess at least 2 of those would be available to buy at the end of a successful promotion season.

Exactly my thoughts Homer, and I bet the same people who are saying this is a bad idea also said Svens appointment was a bad idea!

Sometimes I wonder if this site should be called www.talkingbollocks.co.uk

Did you see the comments on a Derby forum recently where a fan said he'd rather not have the Sven circus at his club and was happier with what they had. Laughable! No doubt losing to Forest has changed that person's opinion.

Davies for the rest of the season would be very good indeed

thecurtisdavies
En route to Leicester to re-join Sven's revolution!
9 minutes ago via ÃœberTwitter

Looks like this is a done deal :038:
Bio Aston Villa Centre Back (Well sort of!) LOL
Professional...but I rolfed anyway. Had a look at Sapplebum's twitter too, he does love the thought of someone kissing his teeth

I don't think i've been this excited since we announced the signing of Iwan Roberts from Huddersfield!

A back four of
Naughton, Davies, Bamba, Van Aanholt is absolute quality at this level and should give us a strong platform from which to attack confidently.
Feel a bit sorry for Hobbs and Berner - but Berner got his new deal so he should be happy to compete and provide solid cover when needed. He gets done for pace a bit too much for my liking, especially when tired.

Not to be greedy - but if we pulled off the Zokora rumour, we'd have a scary side at this level.

Not to be greedy - but if we pulled off the Zokora rumour, we'd have a scary side at this level.

You didn't answer when i asked before, so I'll ask again.

Would you want to disrupt our midfield? Which one would you drop for Zokora to play?

On a more serious note, I think we should get some cover in for midfield. If one of the trio gets injured, the current back up of Oakley and Moussa doesn't fill you with confidence

If we had started the season with this squad and the current management team I have no doubt that we'd be challenging for a top two spot. As it is I think we will struggle to reach the play offs.

But if we manage to keep hold of at least a couple of the loanees, and add three or four new names in the summer, there is really no reason why we shouldn't be looking to win the league next season.

It's a great shame that we've been so handicapped by our poor start to the season. The current lot would have half a chance of staying up in the Premier League, let alone of winning promotion.

Last edited:
Did you see the comments on a Derby forum recently where a fan said he'd rather not have the Sven circus at his club and was happier with what they had. Laughable! No doubt losing to Forest has changed that person's opinion.

Davies for the rest of the season would be very good indeed

I can see his point though, once you have got used to crap football losing week in week out, sliding down the table and being thumped by local rivals, sheep get used to things like that and follow the flow. Sheep don't like change and sheep have never been used at a circus unless they sold kebabs outside.

You didn't answer when i asked before, so I'll ask again.

Would you want to disrupt our midfield? Which one would you drop for Zokora to play?

I'd drop Abe to the bench if we had a bigger, pacier all rounder to stick in there. Abe's busy enough - but as with Berne & Hobbs - it's not until they are replaced by a player of higher class that you realise the mistaked they made.
Abe is getting better and better as our defensive midfielder, but is still dominated by attacking midfielders IMO - as evidenced by the amount of times he's pictured just behind them as they break into the box: Ipswich, Swansea, Man City, Milwall to name a few...

i wonder what Mark Bright will say about Leicester if we sign Davies and Van Aanholt. Didn't he say something stupid like Leicester as a clubhad an institutional racism issue a while back - i might be wrong? Doesn't look like we do to me...

I'd drop Abe to the bench if we had a bigger, pacier all rounder to stick in there. Abe's busy enough - but as with Berne & Hobbs - it's not until they are replaced by a player of higher class that you realise the mistaked they made.
Abe is getting better and better as our defensive midfielder, but is still dominated by attacking midfielders IMO - as evidenced by the amount of times he's pictured just behind them as they break into the box: Ipswich, Swansea, Man City, Milwall to name a few...

Not sure i agree with a word you say about Abe.

It's taken a long time for our midfield to settle and they're now the most consistent part of the team. Messing with that now to squeeze in a big time charlie (in Zokora's case) might ruin any chances we have of making the playoffs. In my opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69