Cynical me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbfox

Maybe Im getting a bit cynical in my old age,but if we beat Wedsnesday at the weekend to ensure our survival in the fizzy,do you think that about 5pm while everyone is happy/relieved there will be a press release confirming the rise in season ticket prices and the cost that they will be.

i'm of the opinion that we'll get the news whether we go down or not. which we should know on saturday

Maybe Im getting a bit cynical in my old age,but if we beat Wedsnesday at the weekend to ensure our survival in the fizzy,do you think that about 5pm while everyone is happy/relieved there will be a press release confirming the rise in season ticket prices and the cost that they will be.

absolutely

don't fret over it cos wednesday will win.

I hope the press conference is called to announce the departure of IH.

I wouldnt've thought they'd announce it straight after the game, possibly a week or two after the end of the season.

A week or two after the end of the season wouldnt leave hardly any time for fans to avail themselves of the early bird offer that runs til the end of may,but it could be a cunning plan not to announce prices til its to late to use discount so everyone has to pay full price-nothing would surprise me at this club at the moment.

A week or two after the end of the season wouldnt leave hardly any time for fans to avail themselves of the early bird offer that runs til the end of may,but it could be a cunning plan not to announce prices til its to late to use discount so everyone has to pay full price-nothing would surprise me at this club at the moment.

What makes you think they have any early-bird offers in mind? They've already announced that they want to get rid of anomalies.

I think we will know in our programmes to be honest

I hope the press conference is called to announce the departure of IH.

We need stability at this club and to be honest i think we should stick with IH for the time being he took over the rubbish we have had for the last 4 years so it's not just down to him we are awful at the moment.

What makes you think they have any early-bird offers in mind? They've already announced that they want to get rid of anomalies.

The club treat the ST holders with contempt I think. The club is supposed to be run by top people, yet they cannot determine how much the tickets are going to be?
They are going to rise and I think they are a little nervous as to how the ST holders will react when they announce the price hike.

If we win on Saturday I would not be at all surprised to see an announcement confirming the departure of Holloway with immediate effect, also the hike in season ticket prices and statements from MM that he will take his time and appoint the best available Manager and that this season has been a disaster and one we must never see a repeat of.

The club treat the ST holders with contempt I think. The club is supposed to be run by top people, yet they cannot determine how much the tickets are going to be?
They are going to rise and I think they are a little nervous as to how the ST holders will react when they announce the price hike.

I think they are right to be nervous.

Surely it's as simple as the club waiting to see what division we are going to be in before setting the prices. They would be mad to do it any other way.

The higher up the leagues you go, generally speaking, the more expensive tickets are. Clubs are more expensive to run in higher leagues and people are prepared to pay more to see better football. It's basic economics - I don't necessarily think that's cynical, just a fact of life for any football club or indeed any business.

Surely it's as simple as the club waiting to see what division we are going to be in before setting the prices. They would be mad to do it any other way.

The higher up the leagues you go, generally speaking, the more expensive tickets are. Clubs are more expensive to run in higher leagues and people are prepared to pay more to see better football. It's basic economics - I don't necessarily think that's cynical, just a fact of life for any football club or indeed any business.

Harbfox's reference to cynicism was in regard to the timing of the announcement only.

I agree with you on basic economics though - but there is an additional tenet that says you should beware of charging more than the market will bear.

Harbfox's reference to cynicism was in regard to the timing of the announcement only.

I agree with you on basic economics though - but there is an additional tenet that says you should beware of charging more than the market will bear.
I agree absolutely on the second point, but even if they announced it on the pitch after the game (whichever game proves definitive), I wouldn't call that cynical. Neither would I call making the decision at the final whistle*, as they undoubtedly have to, and then sitting on it for a couple of weeks to try to keep everyone sweet, as really being any better.

(* the exact same moment that many fans will make the decision whether to buy said season tickets, which you could argue makes them equally cynical)

I agree absolutely on the second point, but even if they announced it on the pitch after the game (whichever game proves definitive), I wouldn't call that cynical. Neither would I call making the decision at the final whistle*, as they undoubtedly have to, and then sitting on it for a couple of weeks to try to keep everyone sweet, as really being any better.

(* the exact same moment that many fans will make the decision whether to buy said season tickets, which you could argue makes them equally cynical)

DF the price will go up whatever division we are in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670