D.J.Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had hoped he'd come good for us this season... but would rather have Fryatt in the team than DJ.

His contract is up at the end of the season anyway, so seems like good business to get a fee for him now.

Now get Waghorn back in ;) And Heskey. Obviously

Not directly related to DJ ........................ I heard that the reason Blackpool have missed out on so many players is because the contracts all say that they will not get paid during the summer months - they just get a couple of hundred quid a week during this period. (plus the supposed £10k a week wage cap).

How do their poor players get by??

Sensible approach IMO. I know it is different to how the vast majority of clubs will operate, but they know in all likelyhood they will be relegated (no matter how much they spend). I said last season that if city went up I wanted them to enjoy it but use the money to build a strong side that would be able to compete in the Premier league in a couple of years time even if it meant relegation next season.

Blackpool will be in the Championship next season with a completed stadium and about £30m plus parachute payments. I would love city to be like that.

EDIT: They can keep that two faced fecking **** though!

Last edited:
Blackpool are now in talks with Luke Varney (Sky Transfer Clockwatch)! How many strikers do they need?!!
Talk about clutching at straws.
It'll be breaking news 'Blackpool in talks with Ian Hume' next...all that dough and there trying to sign players who aint even championship regulars.

Don't know if its been posted on here before i can't be bothered to go the 15 or so pages. Got a text of a mate (great start to a post) Fryatt handed in a transfer request because he didn't want to number number 2 to DJ. Howard and DJ have had a training ground fall out Howard had him round the neck and had to pulled off him so DJ was left out the squas for leeds and is now being sold to blackpool. How much truth is in this i have no idea!

i hope he doesn't go.
i wouldn't mind if Howard left - too slow, awkward, and if we are playing "possession-play-it-on-the-ground football", he's not the man for the job.
don't really want fryatt to go.
don't know anything about "Crnic"??
Kermo is a frog.
Heskey probably would have been here by now if he was coming.
was hoping to see a good quality proven goal scorer coming in or maybe a loan signing a bit like Waghorn......

haven't got a great sense of optimism for Saturday.
I'm sorry.

Sensible approach IMO. I know it is different to how the vast majority of clubs will operate, but they know in all likelyhood they will be relegated (no matter how much they spend). I said last season that if city went up I wanted them to enjoy it but use the money to build a strong side that would be able to compete in the Premier league in a couple of years time even if it meant relegation next season.

Blackpool will be in the Championship next season with a completed stadium and about £30m plus parachute payments. I would love city to be like that.

EDIT: They can keep that two faced fecking **** though!

I agree.

To a lesser degree, West Brom have acted similarly over recent seasons choosing to limit their spending and if necessary get relegated rather than go bankrupt.

Blackpool have even less chance of achieving any sustainability in the Premiership and would have been crazy to buy in over the hill and/ or over-expensive players and leave themselves with a mountain of debt.

Don't know if its been posted on here before i can't be bothered to go the 15 or so pages. Got a text of a mate (great start to a post) Fryatt handed in a transfer request because he didn't want to number number 2 to DJ. Howard and DJ have had a training ground fall out Howard had him round the neck and had to pulled off him so DJ was left out the squas for leeds and is now being sold to blackpool. How much truth is in this i have no idea!

So Howard has DJ in a headlock and gets a new contract. Whilst the tattoo necked striker gets shipped off to Blackpool.

Makes perfect sense. Let's hope Oakley doesn't attack Hobbs.:102:

So Howard has DJ in a headlock and gets a new contract. Whilst the tattoo necked striker gets shipped off to Blackpool.

Makes perfect sense. Let's hope Oakley doesn't attack Hobbs.:102:

Nice to see the lads bonding so well. Augurs well for Saturday.

What the fecks going on?, is he in talks with blackpool?, available for us saturday?, many plyers have gone up there for talks and not signed (even div2 players!)
its caused disruption for the game tomorrow i know that

What the fecks going on?, is he in talks with blackpool?, available for us saturday?, many plyers have gone up there for talks and not signed (even div2 players!)
its caused disruption for the game tomorrow i know that

How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00