Daggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Don

It is Friday night! The night before an FA CUP tie and there is no Pre Match Thread! is no-one going? Is everyone going Christmas shopping at Highcross instead?

The team will be (possibly)
Martin
Ed Worthy
Jack Hobbs
Tunchev
Mattock

Oakley
King
Berner
Dyer

Fryatt
Howard

Bench: Res Keeper, Morrison, Gradel, Campbell, Dickov

Att: 1

Re: Daggers No Thread

It is Friday night! The night before an FA CUP tie and there is no Pre Match Thread! is no-one going? Is everyone going Christmas shopping at Highcross instead?

The team will be (possibly)
Martin
Ed Worthy
Jack Hobbs
Tunchev
Mattock

Oakley
King
Berner
Dyer

Fryatt
Howard

Bench: Res Keeper, Morrison, Gradel, Campbell, Dickov

Att: 1

thought they said Oakley won't be risked.

would expect the new loan guy to feature & Chambers on the bench given 7 can be on their, along with Adams

and what's happened to Gilbert?

Last edited:

I am interested that The Don picks Hobbs ahead of Morrison. He may be right. Nigel has tended to prefer Morrison but will not have been impressed by his performance against Crewe. I presume that Oakley is out and that Davis will start. Like SI Nick I am surprised that Gilbert seems to have disappeared. Is he still injured or is he in trouble? I prefer Howard to Campbell. There were people near me on Tuesday who thought Campbell did well; all I can say is that they must be more astute observers than I am.

Five nil. It's about time it all came together and we thrashed someone.

there's the potential for another jpt style slip up here i think. they've got some half decent strikers. Strevens and Benson i think?
it'll be interesting to see what side gets put out.
it looks like he's continuing to go for youth in the transfer market with addition of Mark Davies and he could go with the following to give some of the older boys who keep getting knocks a rest. A similar sort of side helped us get past Hartlepool earlier in theyear, and it should work again. I'd like to see O'Neill given a chance again.

Martin
O'Neill Morrisson Hobbs Mattock
Gradel King Davies Dyer
Campbell Fryatt

Martin

Edworthy Morrison Tunchev Powell

Davies King Berner Dyer

Fryatt Howard

alright - that's not a bad side either!
would've been interesting if we'd have seen davies and vokes come from wolves in lieu of Mattock going there in January. would be a great deal IMO. He'd suit there attacking style of play. Imagine a left hand side of Mattock and Kightly. And we get s quality striker and a promising midfielder which we need.

alright - that's not a bad side either!
would've been interesting if we'd have seen davies and vokes come from wolves in lieu of Mattock going there in January. would be a great deal IMO. He'd suit there attacking style of play. Imagine a left hand side of Mattock and Kightly. And we get s quality striker and a promising midfielder which we need.

Are we on a swap deal with Wolves? Seems they're the only side who would do business with us currently (according to this forum).

Personally I want Mattock to stay. I want our best players in the starting line-up next August to start getting LCFC up the Championship.

Martin
Edworthy
Morrison
Tunchev
Mattock

Gradel
King
Berner
Dyer

Fryatt
Howard

Subs Cisak, Hobbs, Adams, Davis, Campbell, Powell, Chambers

by all accounts their keeper is a bit eccentric and carring an injury at the moment.

looking forward to this one must be cup fever

The problem with these matches is however Nigel tries to motivate his players Stevenage will want it more than us. I would like to see Adams play. Technically he is not as good as some of the other players but then technically all our players should be better than Stevenage. What Adams brings is energy and he is surely the bravest player in the squad. Adams is a warrior and that is what is needed against possible giant-killers.

Stevenage will want it more than us.
I doubt it.

This isn't the league Cup or the JPT, it's the FA Cup. All teams will be up for winning this, perhaps the only exception being the Champions League contenders. Even so, I'm sure they'll still be up for this one.

The problem with these matches is however Nigel tries to motivate his players Stevenage will want it more than us. I would like to see Adams play. Technically he is not as good as some of the other players but then technically all our players should be better than Stevenage. What Adams brings is energy and he is surely the bravest player in the squad. Adams is a warrior and that is what is needed against possible giant-killers.

Stevenage aren't in the competition anymore. :102:

King has a chance to control the midfield today and dictate the play. Lets see if he can prove his doubters wrong.

On an aside. Seeing as he's a young lad NP never gives him a rest and i reckon he's probably played as many games as anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669