Confirmed Transfer Danns to Bolton (Free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not of course be a free transfer; nor even a transfer of any kind. Danns will be out of contract on 1st July and can therefore play for anybody who will have him.

It will not of course be a free transfer; nor even a transfer of any kind. Danns will be out of contract on 1st July and can therefore play for anybody who will have him.
His registration will still be transferred from LCFC to BWFC.

Bet that is a big wage off the clubs back. Bigger than Drinky and Matty James I would predict.

I would hazard a guess at £42k per week.

If it were performance related it would probably be close to a turd burger a week.

I would hazard a guess at £42k per week.

If it were performance related it would probably be close to a turd burger a week.

I would be surprised if it was that much. There can be no doubt that his uncome is likely to be lower next year - if there is a Mrs Danns she will not be pleased.
I agree that he was probably paid more than James and Drinkwater. It is remarkable that the team has worked so well together given the fact that so many of the best players will have been paid less than some of those unable to even make the bench.

Danns was brave and hardworking and would be useful in a side battling relegation. However, he does not have the skill to help a team get ;promotion.

I would be surprised if it was that much. There can be no doubt that his uncome is likely to be lower next year - if there is a Mrs Danns she will not be pleased.
I agree that he was probably paid more than James and Drinkwater. It is remarkable that the team has worked so well together given the fact that so many of the best players will have been paid less than some of those unable to even make the bench.

Danns was brave and hardworking and would be useful in a side battling relegation. However, he does not have the skill to help a team get ;promotion.

be interesting to see how many of his ex teams were promoted soon after he left, Palace, Brum& us (I know technically he's still our player, but he was shipped out and was never coming back) spring to mind

Clubs are obliged to pay for the month after the contract ends (i.e. July) if the player doesn't sign for another club.

The contract ends on 30 June. The player will be paid up to that date. He may of course spend it in July, on food or whatever else he wishes.

The contract ends on 30 June. The player will be paid up to that date. He may of course spend it in July, on food or whatever else he wishes.
This is what I thought. Why have a contract end date if the contract doesn't actually end on that date?

To think he turned down Glasgow Rangers to come to us. He could have been strutting his stuff in Scottish League one this season.

This is what I thought. Why have a contract end date if the contract doesn't actually end on that date?

Not the same situation, but I do know you have to pay players well after the end of their contract in one situation. If you offer a player under 24 a new contract which he turns down, you have to keep paying him until he signs for another club, or certainly until the end of August. If you don't, you won't get any compensation from the new club.

Clubs are obliged to pay for the month after the contract ends (i.e. July) if the player doesn't sign for another club.

There's nothing in the FA's rules to say this. The only circumstance where this has to happen is the one I mentioned above.

The appropriate part of the rules:

(iii) Within 7 days of the first Saturday in May, or the date of the last
competitive Match of the Club’s first team, whichever is the later, the Club
must give notice in writing to the Player indicating that either the Club
offers a re-engagement or, if appropriate, exercises any option contained
in the agreement.

(iv) If the notice offers re-engagement it must specify the period which
the Club is prepared to agree and the terms and conditions to apply,
which must be the same or not less favourable overall than those which
applied during the initial period of employment – or the option period (if
applicable).

(v) The Player must notify in writing the Club holding the registration within
28 days of receipt of the said notice whether or not the offer of re-
engagement is accepted.

(vi) If the offer is rejected the Player is immediately free to negotiate with
another Club.

(vii) If the Player does not reply in writing to the offer of re-engagement then
at the expiry of a period of 28 days, the Player is free to negotiate with
another Club.

(viii) In either of the instances as set out in Rules C1(j)(vi) and (vii) above,
the Club holding the Player’s registration has the right to receive
compensation. The Player’s registration for the new Club will not be
accepted until such time as the Club has confirmed in writing to The
Association that it will negotiate a compensation fee with the former Club
failing which it will abide by any decision taken by an appeal committee
comprising those persons pursuant to Rule C1(j)(xii) (a “League Appeals
Committee”).

(ix) An existing agreement shall continue and have full force and effect
between the parties on the terms and conditions as those pertaining
prior to the expiration of the initial period of employment, or the option
period if appropriate, and the Player will continue to train and play as
instructed by the Club until 31st August, or the date on which the Player
registers for another Club, whichever is the sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566