David Bell Signs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teblin

Deadline Day Call For Bell
Posted on: Fri 28 Mar 2008

Leicester City have completed a last gasp transfer swoop for Luton Town midfielder David Bell.

Bell, who hails from Kettering, joins the Foxes on loan until the end of the season.

A backlog of paperwork at the Football League meant that the deal was not ratified until Friday morning, and the Club can confirm that the player is available for Saturday's clash against S****horpe.

The 24-year-old was named Player of the Season at Kenilworth Road at the end of the 2006-07 campaign and has been in fine form for the Hatters again this term.

Bell has made 40 appearances to date this season - scoring five goals. He has been capped for the Republic of Ireland at both U19 and U21 level.

City boss Ian Holloway said: "He's a young, exciting player with a big future ahead of him. We've been watching his progress since he was at Rushden and I like him a lot.

"He can play on either wing as well as in the middle of the park. He wiil add some much needed width to our squad. Luton have turned down a number of bids from other clubs for him and we are delighted to have him on board."

Bell began his career at Rushden & Diamonds, where he made a total of 122 appearances before joining Luton Town in 2006 for £100,000.

Re: bell

squad number 73 who we will never see or hear of again.

There's nothing like positivity is there?

We need him to produce 6 good performances to help save us from the drop and earn him a possible contract.

How can you be so negative?

:102::102:

There's nothing like positivity is there?

We need him to produce 6 good performances to help save us from the drop and earn him a possible contract.

How can you be so negative?

:102::102:

We have had four years of conditioning. :icon_conf

City boss Ian Holloway said: "He's a young, exciting player with a big future ahead of him. We've been watching his progress since he was at Rushden and I like him a lot.

If this is the case - Why did he not get him in during the Jan transfer window. :bang: Another panic transfer from an increasingly desperate man. If he wanted a wide player to add depth to his squad why did he not recall Max Gradel who is already a Leicester player.

Ollie is a likeable guy and I really wanted him to do well but he is losing the plot IMO. We might scrape by and actually get out of the crapper this season but even if we do can we honestly expect any better next season with this clown in charge???

If this is the case - Why did he not get him in during the Jan transfer window. :bang: Another panic transfer from an increasingly desperate man. If he wanted a wide player to add depth to his squad why did he not recall Max Gradel who is already a Leicester player.

Ollie is a likeable guy and I really wanted him to do well but he is losing the plot IMO. We might scrape by and actually get out of the crapper this season but even if we do can we honestly expect any better next season with this clown in charge???

So he's crap because we didnt sign him in January?

So he's crap because we didnt sign him in January?

If he was that good and he has been watching him since he played for Rushden then he would have been able to get him for peanuts in January as Luton were in administration. He couldn't have been that interested at the time could he??

If he was that good and he has been watching him since he played for Rushden then he would have been able to get him for peanuts in January as Luton were in administration. He couldn't have been that interested at the time could he??

Who knows for sure. I bought an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 but Ive changed my mind now.

Perhaps in january he thought the shower of shit called our team would get better!

Who knows for sure. I bought an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 but Ive changed my mind now.

I see your point. When Holloway was appointed manager I thought he would be great. Now I think he is a failure who has lost the plot....is that the kind of thing you are talking about? :icon_bigg

Fcuk off...... Heineken Matt and Willow say you cannot change your mind...:018:

You cant change it on a win lose bases :icon_wink

By the way its three l's!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

When Luton have been on telly ie. that Liverpool he impressed me but we shall wait and see.

Anyone can get themselves hyped up for cup games, look at Mark De Vries against Spurs!

It's about time we started playing with wingers again - hopefully we will start to see a Hendrie - Clemence - Oakley - Bell midfield and a Hume - Howard attack once injuries are cleared up.

Perhaps in january he thought the shower of shit called our team would get better!

Signed the Hungarians above him though and they are up there with shitest of the current shit squad. I hope he works out to be a great player for the club and if he at least tries then he will be held in higher esteem then the bulk of the current overpriced, overpaid con artists that call themselves Leicester players.

You cant change it on a win lose bases :icon_wink

By the way its three l's!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You saw it, nothing gets past you.....

and its basis not bases. You the new Newts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669