David Connelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mardy bastard but wouldnt mind him here at all as all strikers need that side to them I suppose.

He loves scoring goals and he is good at it so why not.

Not the sort of player Micky would go for I think though.

Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:
bad news folks,its mentioned in todays sun paper,leicester to sign him for 500,000 ....hence it must all be a load of bull....would have been a good replacement for dickov...but how often does sun get it right!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Connelly is overrated. :? :? :roll:

oh yeah of course he is.... his bloody record speaks for it's self. I would be well chuffed if we got him, i have always thought he was shit hot in front of goal when i have seen him.

Seventy league goals in the last nearly ten years is not quickening my pulse :roll:

Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:
bad news folks,its mentioned in todays sun paper,leicester to sign him for 500,000 ....hence it must all be a load of bull....would have been a good replacement for dickov...but how often does sun get it right!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

oh yeah of course he is.... his bloody record speaks for it's self. I would be well chuffed if we got him, i have always thought he was shit hot in front of goal when i have seen him.

Seventy league goals in the last nearly ten years is not quickening my pulse :roll:

WTF!!!!!

Wimbledon 42 goals in 63 starts for wimbledon!!!!!! His record is one goal for every two starts throughout his career. AND YOU DONT THINK THATS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you want Van Nistelroy, Ronaldo maybe..... jesus!!!!!!! :roll:

Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:

WTF!!!!!

Wimbledon 42 goals in 63 starts for wimbledon!!!!!! His record is one goal for every two starts throughout his career. AND YOU DONT THINK THATS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you want Van Nistelroy, Ronaldo maybe..... jesus!!!!!!! :roll:

He scores 60% of his League goals in two seasons with Wimbledon and this is the basis for saying he is 'shit hot'. :roll: Also only 150 League starts in nearly ten years or 15 games a season, not too encouraging.

...Doom and gloom......

He's far too good to sign for us. He'll be at Norwich/WBA or Palace I reckon.

Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:

WTF!!!!!

He scores 60% of his League goals in two seasons with Wimbledon and this is the basis for saying he is 'shit hot'. :roll: Also only 150 League starts in nearly ten years or 15 games a season, not too encouraging.

So you dont want him cus he record has only been good for 2 seasons? IMO you are an idiot.

Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:

WTF!!!!!

So you dont want him cus he record has only been good for 2 seasons? IMO you are an idiot.

I think we can do without the personal abuse. Secondly being good for two seasons does not guarantee anything. Indeed looking at the rest of his career would suggest apart from those two years, he is an average striker.

Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:

WTF!!!!!

I think we can do without the personal abuse. Secondly being good for two seasons does not guarantee anything. Indeed looking at the rest of his career would suggest apart from those two years, he is an average striker.

I think we can do without the moaning arseholes on this site who don't want to sign a stricker who would improve us and who HAS got a good record. James Beatie scored no goals for most of his career then hit form and out scores most englishmen in the premier now days. We wouldn't want him though cus he didnt score goals 3 years ago.... thats basicly what your saying.

Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:

WTF!!!!!

I think we can do without the moaning arseholes on this site who don't want to sign a stricker who would improve us and who HAS got a good record. James Beatie scored no goals for most of his career then hit form and out scores most englishmen in the premier now days. We wouldn't want him though cus he didnt score goals 3 years ago.... thats basicly what your saying.

I agree with you completely.

Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:

WTF!!!!!

It is your perogative to abuse me personally. However it also means that anything you write cannot be taken seriously. On that basis why do you even bother typing any of your "thoughts" for us to ignore. :roll:

10 years ago he was 15/16 so perhaps you should check your facts Steven.

So its 150 games in 5 years shall we say, equates to 30 games a season(ish) so thats not bad IMO.

Basically anything MA does you will moan about so you may aswell take it as read we know that and shut up. Surely this is the MON philosophy that you want to see, take proven lower league players and make them even better, something MA has done with Thatcher, Scimeca, Dickov, Heath etc.

Lets not forget, with MON for every Savage there was a Fenton, MA hasn't spent that kind of money on crap (yet).

Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
woznotwos said:

WTF!!!!!

It is your perogative to abuse me personally. However it also means that anything you write cannot be taken seriously. On that basis why do you even bother typing any of your "thoughts" for us to ignore. :roll:

YOU can ignore me as much as you want, i really don't care. Alot of people on here agree with me, even people who dont agree can at least accept my point of view, which is something you obviously cant do.

I make a perfectly valid point that disproves your view and all you say is my views cant be taken seriously... Good argument you make for your view NOT!!

Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
[quote:4510d5cc5c="woznotwos"]bad news folks,its mentioned in todays sun paper,leicester to sign him for 500,000 ....hence it must all be a load of bull....would have been a good replacement for dickov...but how often does sun get it right!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

WTF!!!!!

YOU can ignore me as much as you want, i really don't care. Alot of people on here agree with me, even people who dont agree can at least accept my point of view, which is something you obviously cant do.

I make a perfectly valid point that disproves your view and all you say is my views cant be taken seriously... Good argument you make for your view NOT!![/quote:4510d5cc5c]

I was taking you seriously until the point where you started calling me an idiot. :roll:

Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:
[quote:6cd598166b="Steven"][quote:6cd598166b="woznotwos"]bad news folks,its mentioned in todays sun paper,leicester to sign him for 500,000 ....hence it must all be a load of bull....would have been a good replacement for dickov...but how often does sun get it right!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

WTF!!!!!

I make a perfectly valid point that disproves your view and all you say is my views cant be taken seriously... Good argument you make for your view NOT!![/quote:6cd598166b]

I was taking you seriously until the point where you started calling me an idiot. :roll:[/quote:6cd598166b]

I apologise for calling you an idiot. I just dont think there is an argument for this not being a good signing..

Babylon let us not abuse each other any more. :wink: :D :D It is just that I disagree with you about Connolly. Whether or not we can compete effectively in the fizzy depends on the signings MA can make between now and 31st August.

Like every other City fan we all want the best for each other as fans and the Club as a whole. All I ask is that MA can offer me more than ex-PL retreads and over priced players like Connolly (assuming 500k).

I sincerely hope that my words are shoved down my throat this season, but by the same token I hope MA throws us a scrap we can get our teeth into.

In my opinion, Connelly would be a great signing, particularly after seeing some of the goals he scored last season. Him and Dublin could be the new Deane/Dickov of "The Championship" (ahem). He might not be able to cut it in the Prem, but we're a club still recovering from Peter Taylor's open chequebook and the next season is as far as we can plan ahead for the forseeable future.

Shabba! said:
In my opinion, Connelly would be a great signing, particularly after seeing some of the goals he scored last season. Him and Dublin could be the new Deane/Dickov of "The Championship" (ahem). He might not be able to cut it in the Prem, but we're a club still recovering from Peter Taylor's open chequebook and the next season is as far as we can plan ahead for the forseeable future.

shabba my new best mate!!!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758