David Connelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope we get him. A complete to**er but a gret first division goal scorer.

Things might just be looking up, I'm starting to quite like the mix of player Adams is bringing in!

Cheers Durham Fox, at least there is someone who posts information we all want to read

MA was quoted yesterday that we had put a bid in for someone and he was currently considering whether to increase it. Sounds like a Connolly bid to me.
Lets hope so because despite people knocking him he is guaranteed to score us goals... fact

If he signs any want a bet that he wont finish top scorer?

Connolly would be a great signing - hes been prolific the last 2 or 3 seasons and i remember when he 1st appeared for watford he bagged quite a few, also i reckon he might do well at prem level if we go up. i really think if we had connolly it would dramatically increase our chances of promotion cos he could quite easily bag us 25 goals.

Records can only be a guide when you are talking about players, look at Johnson at F*rest, could'nt hit a barn door three years ago and was offered to us last time we were in the first but we could not afford him, then he hit form and banged them in left right and centre, even after recovering from a broken leg.
If you look at MA and Corky's record with strikers I think we can be very happy in the way they have turned scoring records around, so if we sign any half decent striker they will improve with us IMO. 8)

I can't see West Ham releasing him when they have Harewood and Zamora as their only other strikers......

Scowcroft said:
I can't see West Ham releasing him when they have Harewood and Zamora as their only other strikers......

hello all.....
i happen to know one of the west ham players through my job. he's a top bloke, i keep trying to get him to move to leicester but he won't. he told me over a week ago when i was chatting to him that we were trying to sign connelly and he had rung him asking what he should do. the hammers appear to be willing to let him go......unfortunately 'my contact' wouldn't tell me what he advised.......

yours

uncle eric

uncle_eric said:
Scowcroft said:

hello all.....
i happen to know one of the west ham players through my job. he's a top bloke, i keep trying to get him to move to leicester but he won't. he told me over a week ago when i was chatting to him that we were trying to sign connelly and he had rung him asking what he should do. the hammers appear to be willing to let him go......unfortunately 'my contact' wouldn't tell me what he advised.......

yours

uncle eric

:roll: another incarnation of Cainy I fear :roll:

Scowcroft said:
gagandeep said:
bold_fox said:
How much for Connelly?

dunno yet, its just a rumour at the moment, as is shipperely, but if we get both or 1 of them we will do well. we can afford 500k for connoly and shipperely put 2gether, cos of scowy going and his wages going.

Why do you keep saying Scowcroft has gone? :? :roll:

cos if he is in talks with a premier club he is bound to go aint he

SilverFox said:
uncle_eric said:
Scowcroft said:

hello all.....

yours

uncle eric

:roll: another incarnation of Cainy I fear :roll:

who?
i teach at the school where 3 of one of the west ham players kids go, in essex. he's been helping out with the sports teams while he didn't have training (they started back last mon.) he a top man, we chat about football, and i tune his daughter's guitar. he made me a cup of tea the other day in the staff room, and revealed this information. it's not fair for me to say who it is, but the info (according to him) is correct. he's offered me his tickets for the first game of the season but unfortunately i'm on holiday. anything else? err, his daughters top e string was slightly flat on the particular occasion i'm talking about, otherwise ok. been a city fan for 27 years,m and my first favourite players were alan young and paul ramsey (i was slightly misguided on the latter)
satisfied?

Says in The Sun Mick McCarthy wants him at Sunderland as well. I can imagine we'd both offer the same money and wages, but surely he'd pick Leicester to live in rather than up there.

Shabba! said:
Says in The Sun Mick McCarthy wants him at Sunderland as well. I can imagine we'd both offer the same money and wages, but surely he'd pick Leicester to live in rather than up there.

thats what i said in another post i think, y wuould he live in sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757