David Davis - hero or villain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Davis - hero or villan?

..... and a Government trying to take the UK back the Dark Ages. :icon_conf

If bed-wetting publicity seeking morons seek to undermine the primacy of parliamentary democracy by staging pointless publicity stunts every time they disagree with a decision taken within the elected assembly then we would indeed be going back to the dark ages

He always strikes me as a smarmy bastard but then again he's a Tory so thats a pre requisite

Last edited:

..... and a Government trying to take the UK back the Dark Ages. :icon_conf
It was voted in via the democratic process. You will get your chance to protest at the next election.
Anyway, I blame the lawyers.

Last edited:

If bed-wetting publicity seeking morons seek to undermine the primacy of parliamentary democracy by staging pointless publicity stunts every time they disagree with a decision taken within the elected assembly then we would indeed be going back to the dark ages

The Houses of Parliament are not democratically elected. This Government had the smallest share of the popular vote since 1688 and yet that amounted to a majority of over sixty. It is clear that the voting system does not reflect public choice as there is no clear way of expressing that under that system. :icon_conf

The Houses of Parliament are not democratically elected. This Government had the smallest share of the popular vote since 1688 and yet that amounted to a majority of over sixty. It is clear that the voting system does not reflect public choice as there is no clear way of expressing that under that system. :icon_conf

they are democratically elected, if idiosyncratically

now the house of lords...

Do all these long words actually mean stuff?

"Politicians are ****s" is my type of preferred statement.

I never said it was

I simply said that Davis was undermining 'parliamentary democracy' (pretty much as we know it, warts and all), which indeed he is

If he objects to the way that decisions are taken at parliamentary level (despite being an MP for god knows how long and never before mentioning the fact), then why he is not saying so - and why is he (bizarrely) seeking to stand again as an MP to make his ridiculous point ?

they are democratically elected, if idiosyncratically

now the house of lords...

:018: :018:

In a democracy every vote has equal weight.

Do you mean like the vote that was taken the other night in the House of Commons in respect of the '42 day' issue ?

You know - the one that Davis is staging a farcical publicity stunt to undermine

My vote ALWAYS goes where it is most approprate. In the ****ing bin.

it does in Britain, just localised by geography and with winner takes all for the party with the most seats

My vote ALWAYS goes where it is most approprate. In the ****ing bin.

you voted for the bin?

well that cancelled out my vote for the toilet, thank you VERY much

it does in Britain, just localised by geography and with winner takes all for the party with the most seats

Disingenuous. :icon_wink

Hero or villain? No just self-serving idiot. All he is basically doing is volunteering not to be paid for a month, but costing the taxpayer a large sum in organising an utterly pointless by-election. Once the LibDems agrred not to stand he was always going to be a shoe-in, whoever else decided to stand. How very very brave of him.

But this country is not a democracy. It is a constitutional monarchy.

And we don't, by and large, accept votes from outside the UK. So it's geographically limited as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47