David Davis - hero or villain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this country is not a democracy. It is a constitutional monarchy.

And we don't, by and large, accept votes from outside the UK. So it's geographically limited as well.

indeed, any election is limited by geography, it just depends on whether you compartmentalise it or not

Re: David Davis - hero or villan?

I see this more as a product of the jealousy that has been gnawing away at him since Cameron beat him than the sudden conversion to liberal views.

This is an interesting quote, Davis would win the bi-election easily, will go back looking for his job back, Cameron turns him down, davis throws a wobbler, gets support from a bunch of buddies, who cause cameron a huge headache, leading to in-fighting and a call for cameron to step down.

Labour's popularity soars :038:

Davis is a prick of the highest order. Getting all nostalgic, and quoting the Magna Cata, something that is out of date when it comes to some extremist blowing up parts of our Country.

Listen to the people for a change Davis, nearly 70% want the 42 days :098:

Listen to the people for a change Davis, nearly 70% want the 42 days :098:

I disagree with your made up statistic.
I'm going to counter guess that 78.49% don't want to have their civil liberties further eroded for no good reason.

But remember he'll tell you he was born on a South London council estate...what he forgots to mention is how it's going to cost us normal people nearly 80 grand in dough.

80 grand each because he was born on a south London council estate?
:102:

I hates it when politicians forgots.

Is that just the administration cost of running it? I susepct it will generate a lot more in indirect costs as well.

£80,000 is the cost of holding the by-election, Macky.

I can't believe they'll get away with it that cheaply, £80Gs is **** all in the scheme of things, I suspect it'll cost a shitload more than that.

What this has got to do with him coming from South London escapes me though

I can't believe they'll get away with it that cheaply, £80Gs is **** all in the scheme of things, I suspect it'll cost a shitload more than that.

What this has got to do with him coming from South London escapes me though

I was born in South London - can I have my £80k now please?

But remember he'll tell you he was born on a South London council estate...what he forgots to mention is how it's going to cost us normal people nearly 80 grand in dough.

How much did it cost us for the govt to bribe the Ulster Unionists to vote with them?
How much did the govt have to borrow to get Gordon Brown out of the shit on the 10p tax band.

As a conservative voter I worry that it might rebound on us, but I honestly think that this is an heroric stand from a man of principle.

Last edited:

I disagree with your made up statistic.
I'm going to counter guess that 78.49% don't want to have their civil liberties further eroded for no good reason.

In a poll on the 42 day issue, the majority who voted, voted in favour of the Government. I think it was near 70%.

Thats what i was relating to. You seem to have turned it upside down and gone down a different road. Are you related to King John :icon_wink

How much did it cost us for the govt to bribe the Ulster Unionists to vote with them?
How much did the govt have to borrow to get Gordon Brown out of the shit on the 10p tax band.

As a conservative voter I worry that it might rebound on us, but I honestly think that this is an heroric stand from a man of principle.

The mans away with the fairies.

Micheal Hezeltine has said he would have been able to fight the issue better from where he was and not where hes going. :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46