Dead Man Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelabs

Having read the comments from the last 24 hours on the forum it's clear to see MA is on borrowed time. The only thing that can save him is if we go on a LONG unbeaten run and get into contention for promotion which to be frank isn't going to happen.
When we lose again everyone will be calling for his head and to be honest MA has lost the fans, the single most important thing in football. Once they've gone being manager is a very lonely job.
To be honest I don't know who should be our next manager but let's face facts I'm pretty embarassed to be a LCFC supporter at the moment.
How many of you out there GENUINELY look forward to a home game these days??? I don't and many around me feel the same.
The last 12 months have been shambolic what with scandals, sackings and a revolving door being installed at the newe Filbo.
We have no stability and are building houses on quicksand.
Where do we go from here???

Is it down to the lake I fear!!

come on, i have never been embarassed to support LCFC.

i agree with you about MA losing the fans. just from what i have heard from family & friends and what i read here, it is apparent that MA is living on borrowed time unless something miraculous occurs.

the fact is, we do have a lot of apathetic fans (not wanting to stereotype of course! i never thought i would say this after what happened with o'neill but the fan base seems to have shifted slightly since then IMO) but clearly things have come to a point for a number of reasons including......

1) style of play

2) buying of players

3) tactical inadequacies

4) motivational skills (after 2002-2003 i never thought this would be a problem.....)

are these not the main points a manager should be judged on?

when you contrast with o'neill, who you could say was the best purchaser of players we have ever witnessed at LCFC, there is simply no comparison. o'neill was stubborn about the way he played like MA is (3-5-2 vs 4-4-2 obviously) but o'neill bought people for specific jobs. every single one of o'neill's purchases was well thought out. looking at MA's then i really don't see that i could have done a much worse job. i really honestly believe that and this is not some cm crappo which i hate people doing. and he does this for a full time job and must watch so much football.

the facts are, we have one of the biggest budgets in this division. we should get promoted this year. anything other than a play-off spot would be a total failure in my eyes.

sorry for the negativity which is unlike me. i still believe we'll get promoted one way or another :)

SamJ

Never be ashamed of supporting your home town club son - your not ashamed of where you live are you? - well then - abit pi**ed off maybe but ashamed never :lol:

Joe Labs is right, I dont think anyone of us are ashamed of supporting Leicester City Football Club but at present I am embarrased at some of the people connected with the club and the way they conduct themselves.

The past 12 months have been a lesson in how not to run a football club as we haved lurched from one mess to another. The club looks a shambles with no stability and more importantly no defined long term plan.

Adams seem to be now learning the harsh realities of managing at the top levels of English football after early years of relative success. Whilst I have no doubt he may well eventually go on and be successful again do we really want him gaining work experience at our club. He is still only 41 and it could take 4-5 years for Adams to reach his potential I dont think we can afford to wait that long.

PT has gone on to prove he has learnt some lessons and seems to have become a better manager but that doesnt mean we were wrong to sack him. Many managers early in there careers suffer setbacks but then bounce back better for the experience.

Adams can only be judged on what he is currently doing and I am afraid the Keown saga is the final straw and proves that he has far too much to learn about being a manager at this level.

The club needs to make a long term decision about the managers role that enables him to develop the youth players and build a side that can grow together for the next 5 years. Last season and this current one has proved that the current plan does not work too many players are signed in hope rather than expectation and end up disappointing or leaving the club after a few months -

Howey
Gillespie
Hignett
Curtis
Keown
Blake

Also I believe Adams has bought this on himself by signing many players who have been branded "difficult" or "trouble" like Howey, Curtis, Connelly, Dabizas and I think this has had a negative effect on the dressing room.

IMO the rot has set in, granted we have put a decent run together over the last 5 games but I also remember last Novemeber when we won 3 games in a row in the prem, I just cannot see MA turning this situation around, I can see MA out in the next 2 games.

I am now very concerned about what this man is doing to our club it seems to me that the club and supporters are playing second fiddle to the Micky Adams Show.

Get off MA's back!
We win a match, you think he is great, we lose, you call for his head.
I agree that MA has made mistakes, but so do all managers, eg Ferguson and Stam. All this rubbish about 'he has lost the fans and the dressing room'. Did Tuesday's team against the Gills look like he had lost the dressing room? Or were they playing their hearts out for Keown?
Old players are always a gamble. Wise we lost. Ferdinand we won. To say it is his team is rubbish. With the exception of Connelly and Williams, they are all 'freebies', ie valued at zero by their clubs!
I would love the club to be more honest and open. I cannot believe MA would sack Keown without good reason - it looks very bad on a CV when you want to move on. I desperately want to know why he thinks Blake is better than Benjamin and why some of his players cannot walk away from grief on the pitch. Maybe we will eventually know but in the meantime I will cheer everybody who pulls on a blue shirt, I will never boo Blake. He did not pick himself. But I will not be singing 'One Micky Adams' for a little while yet.
Until someone comes on here with the name of a manager who:
a) would want to come to Leicester, b) can buy better players with no money, c) has proven man-management skills, then I will stick with MA.
Look at Preston this afternoon. Which of their players would you swap for ours? ... and a big well done to Pieman! he is more than capable of being number 2 to Walker.

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Get off MA's back!
We win a match, you think he is great, we lose, you call for his head.
I agree that MA has made mistakes, but so do all managers, eg Ferguson and Stam. All this rubbish about 'he has lost the fans and the dressing room'. Did Tuesday's team against the Gills look like he had lost the dressing room? Or were they playing their hearts out for Keown?
Old players are always a gamble. Wise we lost. Ferdinand we won. To say it is his team is rubbish. With the exception of Connelly and Williams, they are all 'freebies', ie valued at zero by their clubs!
I would love the club to be more honest and open. I cannot believe MA would sack Keown without good reason - it looks very bad on a CV when you want to move on. I desperately want to know why he thinks Blake is better than Benjamin and why some of his players cannot walk away from grief on the pitch. Maybe we will eventually know but in the meantime I will cheer everybody who pulls on a blue shirt, I will never boo Blake. He did not pick himself. But I will not be singing 'One Micky Adams' for a little while yet.
a) would want to come to Leicester, b) can buy better players with no money, c) has proven man-management skills, then I will stick with MA.
Look at Preston this afternoon. Which of their players would you swap for ours? ... and a big well done to Pieman! he is more than capable of being number 2 to Walker.

I would never boo the team or Micky Adams but I have lost confidence in him there are far too many unsavoury incidents occuring and there appears to be a general indiscipline around the club.

In your heart of hearts do you honestly believe that the club is being managed in the right way at present or are you not concerned by recent murmurings.

What concerns me is that maybe Keown with all his experience has seen things which arent right and aired his concerns. Remember when we were top six in the prem under Taylor, I heard fans ring in and say they were concerned and that we would be relegated if it continued and they were proved right.

I know Micky is a likeable fella and has some potential but he has also demonstrated poor judgement, poor man management and a lack of tactical awareness yet some people still do not see this instead choosing to harp on about 2 seasons ago. Remember that season there was unity and a togetherness, there seems very little of that so far this season.

Keep the Faith said:
Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Get off MA's back!

I'd have to agree that there is no point in getting rid of MA without a viable successor lined up.

That said, it's clear that things are far from right in the way the club is being managed and his judgement seems all over the place.

The way I see it is if he wins a few matches then he'll totter on in much the same sort of way - if he continues to lose home games then the pressure will become too much anyway.

SamuearlJackson said:
come on, i have never been embarassed to support LCFC.

i agree with you about MA losing the fans. just from what i have heard from family & friends and what i read here, it is apparent that MA is living on borrowed time unless something miraculous occurs.

the fact is, we do have a lot of apathetic fans (not wanting to stereotype of course! i never thought i would say this after what happened with o'neill but the fan base seems to have shifted slightly since then IMO) but clearly things have come to a point for a number of reasons including......

1) style of play

2) buying of players

3) tactical inadequacies

4) motivational skills (after 2002-2003 i never thought this would be a problem.....)

are these not the main points a manager should be judged on?

when you contrast with o'neill, who you could say was the best purchaser of players we have ever witnessed at LCFC, there is simply no comparison. o'neill was stubborn about the way he played like MA is (3-5-2 vs 4-4-2 obviously) but o'neill bought people for specific jobs. every single one of o'neill's purchases was well thought out. looking at MA's then i really don't see that i could have done a much worse job. i really honestly believe that and this is not some cm crappo which i hate people doing. and he does this for a full time job and must watch so much football.

the facts are, we have one of the biggest budgets in this division. we should get promoted this year. anything other than a play-off spot would be a total failure in my eyes.

sorry for the negativity which is unlike me. i still believe we'll get promoted one way or another :)

SamJ

O'Neill was undoubtedly the best modern day manager of City but I'd pick Matt Gillies as assembling the best and most succesful City team since the War.

As for the negativity it's hard to be otherwise when we keep wilfully wounding ourselves.

I found it interesting to hear Wenger's comment in dismissing a minor fracas between two of his players --- "I'm glad they care enough... to have a go at each other."

Rarely puts pressure on himself for nothing, Wenger. Someone should make a video of Wenger's approach to management and the playing of football and the FA should present it as "set reading" for all aspiring club bosses.

At City all the directors and periphery staff should watch it too because - and I would ask it as a serious question - has any other club in the top two divisions scored as many operational own goals as City this last 18 months?

As a PLC I would certainly doubt that the collective effect of these on the club's public credibility has encouraged would-be investors. I'd imagine questions are already being asked.

Come on, show a bit of backbone. 10 points in 5 games is promotion form. The club was bust two seasons ago and we still carry the debt. Not Adams fault that he has only been able to bring in freebies. He stuck with us when he could have walked away. He has a track record of promotion that beats anyone who might replace him by a distance. You don't get stability by changing managers.

Everyone seams to think ma is popular with the players. I know that he is not.
I have been told by three players that the mass exodus last season was not about money, it was not because players disliked leicester or because we got relegated, it was because the players do not like or respect ma.
Keown is just another example of this

step said:
Everyone seams to think ma is popular with the players. I know that he is not.
I have been told by three players that the mass exodus last season was not about money, it was not because players disliked leicester or because we got relegated, it was because the players do not like or respect ma.
Keown is just another example of this

Is that really the case? Which players may I ask? I find that intriguing.

Which players? I aint saying who said what. But I assure you it was straight from the horses mouth. three horses to be precise.

MOST of the players that left last season, left because they wanted to get away from adams

Callum Davidson was one definately,most of the players who left in the close season other than Dickov and Thatcher I wasn't too dissapointed to see go,Freund would have done well in this League IMO but the likes of Impey,Rogers,Sinclair,Lewis,I was glad to see the back of.It's not the players we have thats the problem its the style of football we play not suiting the players that I find annoying.Fair enough MA if you want to play long ball then do it but why spend the best part of a million on two players(Connelly and Williams) who these tactics obviousley do not suit.Why get Keown in,a player with all that expierience and then not like it when he speaks his mind did MA seriousley expect Keown to stay quiet and do as he's told.Micky seems to have a 'problem' with the seasoned proffessional type i.e Keown,Howey,Taggert,Elliott but he still signs them..odd.He seems to take the slightest questioning of him as some type of vendetta,maybe some people comment because they want to help.Still we are only 8 points off the top so it's not beyond us with or without MA

step said:
Which players? I aint saying who said what. But I assure you it was straight from the horses mouth. three horses to be precise.

MOST of the players that left last season, left because they wanted to get away from adams

80% of the players who left weren't even offered new contracts to start with. The players we would of liked to keep Ferdinand, Thatcher, Dickov, Scimeca should be remined that one Micky Adams resarected their stalling career in the first place. If they are so ungrateful and want to turn their back on the man and the club that helped them fine, F off. I don't want the ungrateful Tos**er at my club.

A quarter of the season has gone. :D

Leicester are about 7 points off the top team. :D

From the last five games we have lost one (QPR) won 3 and drawn one (where we should've won but a freak goal nabbed the points.) :x

What doesn't anyone like. :eek:

Micky is doing fine at the moment. Give him some time...until Christmas? :)

8) KEEP THE BOSS 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670