Deal of the Summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

I am the only one that thinks Ibrahimovic is a complete and utter donkey?

I bet Inter Milan cant believe that they have managed to get Samuel Eto'o, Alexander Hleb on loan for a season and 40 million euros for him.

Ibrahimovic is a fantastic player how anyone can say he is a donkey is beyond me but I agree 40 million and Eto'o and Hleb on loan is a very good deal.

Ibrahimovic is a fantastic player how anyone can say he is a donkey is beyond me but I agree 40 million and Eto'o and Hleb on loan is a very good deal.

Obviously we would still probably take him (assuming Lita doesn't come :icon_razz) but he just never seems to perform on the big stage. People who watch him week in, week out say he's amazing, the rest of us who only see him a few times a season just don't get it.

Either way great business for Inter - they must be laughing!

he is a self centered prick who loves himself and insists on talking about himself in the 3rd person.

Can't believe we didn't make an alternative offer of DJ Campbell, Levi Porter and a chicken balti pie in exchange for either Ibrahimovic or Eto'o :icon_bigg

Ibra has never looked that great whenever ive seen him, same with Kaka actually, it could just be ive never seen them while theyve been playing their best, but never really stood out for me

Last edited:
Slightly different but I think the sheep getting Lee Croft in on a free was a good deal for them. Cov bagging a fair amount for Danny Fox too.

Last edited:
It's been Ibrahimovic's biggest problem that he doesn't seem to perform in the 'big' matches - he did well in the Euros and he won the league for Inter against Roma a couple of years ago with a crucial goal, but in the Champions League he's seemed to be underachieving.

Now he was the top scorer in the Serie A (25 goals) so calling him a donkey is of course an evidence of lack of football knowledge if nothing else. I think anyone who's followed Italian football the last couple of years can say how extremely highly rated he is there - I read a Spanish magazine yesterday in which Mancini (yes, the one) called him the best striker in the world.

He isn't worth the money though (great deal for Inter), but Barça's got money to splash and Zlatan's gonna score goals so why not? They probably felt they needed to bring in a a flashy name in response to Real Madrid's signings.

Last edited:
It's been Ibrahimovic's biggest problem that he doesn't seem to perform in the 'big' matches - he did well in the Euros and he won the league for Inter against Roma a couple of years ago with a crucial goal, but in the Champions League he's seemed to be underachieving.

Now he was the top scorer in the Serie A (25 goals) so calling him a donkey is of course an evidence of lack of football knowledge if nothing else. I think anyone who's followed Italian football the last couple of years can say how extremely highly rated he is there - I read a Spanish magazine yesterday in which Mancini (yes, the one) called him the best striker in the world.

He isn't worth the money though (great deal for Inter), but Barça's got money to splash and Zlatan's gonna score goals so why not? They probably felt they needed to bring in a a flashy name in response to Real Madrid's signings.

Michael Ricketts scored 15 goals for Bolton in the Premiership in the 2001/02 season...still a donkey :icon_wink

Michael Ricketts scored 15 goals for Bolton in the Premiership in the 2001/02 season...still a donkey :icon_wink

Ricketts has done well in the Premiership, but when it comes to League One football he seems to be underachieving.:icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570