Dear Steve Lovell

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was not committed then he did the right thing by not coming to City. :) :) ;)

Soccer 365 said:
Lovell explains foxes snub 14/07/05

New Aberdeen striker Steve Lovell admits the prospect of staying in his adopted homeland convinced him to reject Leicester.

The 24-year-old has signed a three-year contract at Pittodrie to complete his move from Dundee in a deal worth around £250,000. But the Amersham-born forward rejected the opportunity to move to the Walkers Stadium earlier this week, preferring to remain north of the border.

Lovell said: "It didn't feel right and I am not going to do something when I don't feel 100% about it."

He added: "I have enjoyed my time in Scotland. I have had three up and down years at Dundee, but I see Scotland as my home and I am quite content to stay here.

"I went down to Leicester and got offered a better financial deal, but it's not always about the money. I feel this is the right move for me."

Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood has finally got his man after a lengthy pursuit of the ex-Portsmouth striker.

But Lovell concedes leaving Dens Park after three seasons was not an easy decision.

He added: "I love Dundee and it was hard to leave, but there are times when you have to move on.

"Dundee needed the money and it was a good time for me to further my career. It has worked out well in that respect".

Source

Steven said:
If he was not committed then he did the right thing by not coming to City. :) :) ;)

in other word he knew he couldn't hack it at this level. chump

Babylon said:

At least he has been honest with himself. It took our friend Ade ages to realise he couldn't hack it.

Babylon said:

He's not really a chump is he? He'd have been a chump had he come down here and by December decided that he and his missus prefered it in Scotland a la Stevie Crawford and Plymouth last season.

Clearly the deal wasn't about the money more his family.

OadbyFox said:
He's not really a chump is he? He'd have been a chump had he come down here and by December decided that he and his missus prefered it in Scotland a la Stevie Crawford and Plymouth last season.

Clearly the deal wasn't about the money more his family.
chill your beans it was a joke

Would hardly say he is furthering his career by moving to Aberdeen from Dundee, too similar, for me it was a kop out, he realised he was most likely to play a bit part role mainly from the bench and also preferred to stay in his comfort zone of the SPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669