Deathlist 2010/11 banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure nobody had him on their list, but my mate's dad, actor John Burgess, died today after a long fight with cancer. John was one of the nicest, kindest, most intelligent people I've had the pleasure to spend time with. Top bloke, one of the last English gentlemen.

Mostly a stage actor, John was probably best known as the character David 'Bing' Crosby on Brookside in the 90s. He also had a variety of small roles on TV such as the character Popov on Lovejoy, Dr Len Crocker in the Ruth Rendall Mysteries, Gerald Ludlow in Eastenders (80s) and appearances on Doctors, Holby City, Casualty, Harry Enfield, Poirot, The Bill, Midsomer Murders, My Family, Boon, etc, going as far back as I, Claudius and Give My Regards to Broad Street.

RIP John. :icon_cry:
Nice obit in the Guardian this week, written by Mike Leigh: http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2011/jan/02/john-burgess-obituary?INTCMP=SRCH

Thank you, you sarcy fecker :icon_lol:

May I now put out a request to all who post?
You may know of the person that has deceased, been no more, dead, but not everyone does. So a brief ditty about said person wouldn't go amiss.
Thank you:icon_wink

Played in a band called Japan

wonder if david sylvian will be exercising ghosts yet?

Gary Mason killed in an accident whilst riding his bike. 48yrs old

Michael Burgess, Sky News Online
Former British boxing champion Gary Mason has died after being involved in a crash with a van while riding his bike.
It happened in Sandy Lane South, Wallington, south London, on Thursday.

The 48-year-old former heavyweight - who trained with Frank Bruno and fought Lennox Lewis - was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver, 43, who was driving a white Vauxhall van, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.

He was taken to a south London police station before being bailed pending further inquiries.

A police spokesman said: "Officers were alerted at about 6.15am yesterday to a van in collision with a bicycle on Sandy Lane South, near the junction with Woodcote Road, Wallington.

"The cyclist, aged 48 years, was pronounced dead at the scene."

A post-mortem examination is due to be held at St Helier Hospital mortuary and an inquest will be opened at Croydon Coroner's Court.

Mason's former sparring partner Frank Bruno, said: "I'm very sorry about his death, particularly the circumstances of how it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710