Debts

So, just to be clear you are saying that the money that King Power has spent on our club hasn't benefitted us? Really don't understand your negativity sometimes.

Is it a good thing or not, or is it just meh? To me it has to be a good thing.
Allowed us to sign Vesty

So, just to be clear you are saying that the money that King Power has spent on our club hasn't benefitted us? Really don't understand your negativity sometimes.

Is it a good thing or not, or is it just meh? To me it has to be a good thing.

I'm saying that our revenue pretty much covers our transfers and basic running costs.

The excess spend (KP loans) over recent seasons has been to fund Seagrave and massively increased staff costs linked to that site or excessive money awarded to players and staff. They also spent a few million last year on redoing the pitch.

So, as fans, the conversion of debt to equity is irrelevant. It's KP debt in one place moved to another place. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased it's off our books. But I don't see it as a generous gift. If you're employed by the club it's good news. For fans though, so what? It wasn't spent improving facilities for us or making the squad better.

But it does potentially allow us to invest more in the playing squad.

No interest payments on loans means more money available to invest.

It's only a good thing really, no downsides for fans to what they have just done.

Improving the facilities for verbal will and does attract better players and therefore should improve the squad and again the results.

It is a cone shaped base that once built drives benefits further up.

From what I understand from what I've read it removes one of the FFP obstacles to spending money on the squad.

Interesting. It's clearly better that this has happened rather than had it not but wouldn't it be nice to just have all the debts cleared? Maybe the terms of the remaining loans are favourable and offset against some other business King Power are doing. None of us know exactly what's happening here so I think we have to just have some faith in the powers that be rather than conjure up conspiracy theories.
Right, what the **** is going on. Why am I finding myself agreeing with Joe more and more? Am I having an embolism of the brain?

Only one problem with that, you ain’t got a ****ing brain.

People need to think of the owners that have left other clubs but retained some kind lien over the club or its facilities. Derby, Portsmouth, Bury and others spring to mind where clubs have been inhibited by debts to old owners or by not actually owning the ground. This recent action makes it clear that KP have no intention of letting that happen to us.

People need to think of the owners that have left other clubs but retained some kind lien over the club or its facilities. Derby, Portsmouth, Bury and others spring to mind where clubs have been inhibited by debts to old owners or by not actually owning the ground. This recent action makes it clear that KP have no intention of letting that happen to us.
Plus, the only way KP have of getting their money back is to sell us off for a big wedge.

And for them to get that, we will have to remain relatively successful.

They could also asset strip but nothing during their tenure has ever suggested they would ever do this. The ship has already sailed a bit on that one too as the best time to do that would have been after winning the league or after us cocking up top 4.

Right, what the **** is going on. Why am I finding myself agreeing with Joe more and more? Am I having an embolism of the brain?
Go with it Pop, your brain is just fine. :cool:

I was thinking more about the timing of this announcement and it makes sense.

1. Keep in under our hats during the transfer window so that clubs don't hold us to ransom, or perceive that they can hold us to ransom.
  2. Mention it when the window is shut so that suiters to our star players get the message that we aren't skint and can offer said star players appealing contracts.
  3. Generally calm various parties down, especially members of the wibble-squad who are fixated on us going bust.

Now, I could be wrong (it has been known), but as I say, the timing makes and as far as I can see, it is a clever business move which should be loudly applauded by the fans. Top marks, Top.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463