Deletion Of Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a post is deleted would it not be fair to say why the post was deleted?

On this site there is a private messaging facility. Is it too much trouble to send a message outlining the reason for deletion?

Or is that just too much to ask.......

I don't know which particular post you're referring to.

Generally I only delete a post as a last resort, normally if a post is off topic I would move it to somewhere more appropriate, which might give the impression that something has been deleted when really it's just been moved.

Other moderators may just delete stuff rather than move it. That's up to them, moderators are allowed to uphold the forum rules as they see fit and I'm not going to interfere with the way they do their jobs.

I think I've seen an add-on for the forum that will allow moderators to automatically send a PM when a post is deleted, I'll see if I can find it and install it if it looks any good.

He was refering to the newbie who posted in text speak a few posters commented on it and Boc saw this as "ganging up" on a prospective poster.Personally i thought it was OTT and besides the twat shouldnt post like that in the first place.

I don't know which particular post you're referring to.

Generally I only delete a post as a last resort, normally if a post is off topic I would move it to somewhere more appropriate, which might give the impression that something has been deleted when really it's just been moved.

Other moderators may just delete stuff rather than move it. That's up to them, moderators are allowed to uphold the forum rules as they see fit and I'm not going to interfere with the way they do their jobs.

I think I've seen an add-on for the forum that will allow moderators to automatically send a PM when a post is deleted, I'll see if I can find it and install it if it looks any good.

I dont think BG will be replying to this unfortunatly.

i assume everyone wants a bit of banter, (including piss take / sarcasm etc...), but you'll end up with a forum of only 6-7 members the way its going. almost all new posts by new members are abused for some pathetic reason or another. (For instance I don't personally think someone is a c*nt for being a little late with a bit of transfer gossip,they may be just a bit excited and haven't check other new threads properly).

Its becoming a geeky clique - just check the origins of new threads (almost all by the same people) - which hardly encourages open debate from a wide range of city fans.

...i'll await for the abuse and the message being deleted shortly.

i assume everyone wants a bit of banter, (including piss take / sarcasm etc...), but you'll end up with a forum of only 6-7 members the way its going. almost all new posts by new members are abused for some pathetic reason or another. (For instance I don't personally think someone is a c*nt for being a little late with a bit of transfer gossip,they may be just a bit excited and haven't check other new threads properly).

Its becoming a geeky clique - just check the origins of new threads (almost all by the same people) - which hardly encourages open debate from a wide range of city fans.

Have just checked the 'origins of new threads' on the Leicester City forum, and it appears to be from a wide range of people - old posters and new

You cu*t :icon_wink

"Its becoming a geeky clique" Has this place ever been any different though? :081:

almost all new posts by new members are abused for some pathetic reason or another.

That is nonsense, new posters are warmly welcomed by everyone unless they post in unintelligible txt spk bollox.

That is nonsense, new posters are warmly welcomed by everyone unless they post in unintelligible txt spk bollox.

exactly, IMO if you come onto this site you can see that their is an expected standard (hazz :) ), if you start posting in the most ridiculous text talk (which the message that started this farce was) you should expect a backlash.

I really dont think this pathetic type of communication should be encouraged in any way, it's lazy toss that i should not have to disect. Would some of these pillocks write like that in a cv or job application?

exactly, IMO if you come onto this site you can see that their is an expected standard (hazz :) ), if you start posting in the most ridiculous text talk (which the message that started this farce was) you should expect a backlash.

I really dont think this pathetic type of communication should be encouraged in any way, it's lazy toss that i should not have to disect. Would some of these pillocks write like that in a cv or job application?

It's a light-hearted internet football forum.............:102:

But I know what yer saying :icon_wink

It's a light-hearted internet football forum.............:102:

But I know what yer saying :icon_wink

I certainly dont take the spelling of words seriously but there really is a difference between that and the crap that some people spout.

Plus is it not just easier to write in a standard manner all the time no matter what the format. I remember when i first got a mobile and i used the old text talk a bit to much, trying to get back into a normal style of writting can be a right bugger.

Would some of these pillocks write like that in a cv or job application?

They probably would yes.:icon_bigg
I doubt if some of them know any other way of writing. Frightening.

I certainly dont take the spelling of words seriously but there really is a difference between that and the crap that some people spout.

Plus is it not just easier to write in a standard manner all the time no matter what the format. I remember when i first got a mobile and i used the old text talk a bit to much, trying to get back into a normal style of writting can be a right bugger.

yes, I see what you are saying.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670