Dennis and Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

I have thought for some time that it was time for the censorship of the word w*s* to end.

Obviously Dennis w*s* was a nasty little thug who was perhaps the most misnamed player in football history.

However, to hate anything is to give it power over you. We are told that Mrs Thatcher is pleased that the left still hate her and that Tony Benn was delighted to receive a death threat. It says they still matter.I imagine that Dennis would be delighted to know people still hate him. More and more Leicester fans never saw Dennis w*s* play. Let him fade into well deserved oblivion. Lets remember other members of that team like Elliot Taggart and Muzzy.

The issue comes to a head with the appointment of Sven. Taking over a team without a pre-season is extraordinarily difficult ask Megson, Holloway and even Martin O'Neill. Sven has done brilliantly.

There are all sorts of qualities involved in leadership but by far the most important is judgement - getting decisions right. Perhaps the best description of Sven is that he is a w*s* manager and it would be good to be able to say so without the censorship.

Thank **** for that. :018: I thought you were going to tell us Sven loves Dennis and that Wise would be joining City soon. :icon_eek: :018:

I have thought for some time that it was time for the censorship of the word w*s* to end.

But it's another little forum feature that lets Webbo have some fun and a play.

I think if you offer him an alternative he may relent although I offered him the 'thanks' thing and the mad fool went on to incorporate it!

But it's another little forum feature that lets Webbo have some fun and a play.

I think if you offer him an alternative he may relent although I offered him the 'thanks' thing and the mad fool went on to incorporate it!

M*gs*n, H**ll*w*y and So*s* spring to mind from a M*n*ger point of view

Obviously Dennis w*s* was a nasty little thug who was perhaps the most misnamed player in football history.

Perhaps the best description of Sven is that he is a w*s* manager and it would be good to be able to say so without the censorship.

If we end the censorship a generation of boys and girls will grow up not asking why w*s* appears.

It is not because LCFC tore up his contract after he broke Callum Davidson's cheekbone because Callum beat him at cards.

It is not because he could not take a corner or free kick and get it past the first defender. (Otherwise we would have Oa*le* as well!)

It is because Dennis Wise and his agent Eric Hall issued a winding up order in the High Court, (because we owed him a few quid and had not yet finished paying it all back), which very nearly put LCFC out of business.

For that he must be remembered, like Oliver Cromwell and Guy Fawkes.

If we end the censorship a generation of boys and girls will grow up not asking why w*s* appears.

It is not because LCFC tore up his contract after he broke Callum Davidson's cheekbone because Callum beat him at cards.

It is not because he could not take a corner or free kick and get it past the first defender. (Otherw*s* we would have Oa*le* as well!)

It is because Dennis w*s* and his agent Eric Hall issued a winding up order in the High Court, (because we owed him a few quid and had not yet finished paying it all back), which very nearly put LCFC out of business.

For that he must be remembered, like Oliver Cromwell and Guy Fawkes.

While I don't agree with your argument I do think your duo of villains is a very w*s* choice.

personally my feelings regarding this matter are so......w*s* , is a dirty word, fowl language to us supporters who are old enough to remember the deep s*i* that w*s* the little s*i* could have caused for the club had the winding up order he was wanted had happened. un-censoring w*s* ,would have to go hand in hand with un-censoring other such fowl and dirty words like f*r*s*...s*i*t...f*cK...c*n*...w@*k and so on.

M*gs*n, H**ll*w*y and So*s* spring to mind from a M*n*ger point of view

How good or bad these three managers were at their job will always be a matter of debate. I was shocked when Megson left, disappointed when Holloway left and relieved when Sousa left though no doubt others had different reactions. However, I had no reason to doubt that they were good people - as I felt were Frank McClintock and Peter Taylor.

w*s* was a thoroughly unpleasant man who left the club for "non-footballing reasons". The managerial parallel surely is with Martin Allen.

Perhaps we can change the spelling of the word meaning clever-bollocks to 'wize'. Cunning hey? This way we would get round the censorship imposed on us by the inner circle.

Or we could change it to wise and then we would all know what we meant. Whereas the present situation often leaves me confused and unable to understand what the thread is about.

How good or bad these three managers were at their job will always be a matter of debate. I was shocked when Megson left, disappointed when Holloway left and relieved when Sousa left though no doubt others had different reactions. However, I had no reason to doubt that they were good people - as I felt were Frank McClintock and Peter Taylor.

w*s* was a thoroughly unpleasant man who left the club for "non-footballing reasons". The managerial parallel surely is with Martin Allen.

F*rg*t about him. I must have moved on DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670