Derby County (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a vBookie event for this match. :icon_wink

I hope my mate sorted out tickets, i am well looking forward to this one, my first game since Barnsley away where Hummmme scored and we thought we would stay up, first game to see the new leicester team under NP.!!

I always tend to feel a bit alienated at these games, don't enjoy them to be honest. I have literally never knowingly interacted with a Forest or Derby fan in my life so have never had any real added emotions during these games, I didn't even realise they were consider rivals until I was about 11 and played Championship Manager for the first time where they were listed as our rivals. Always been brought up on, and still only hear people round me refer to Cov when talking about hatred and making the obligitary incest jokes.

Sure I'm probably the only one, but Derby and Forest games tend to be my least favourite of the season.

I always tend to feel a bit alienated at these games, don't enjoy them to be honest. I have literally never knowingly interacted with a Forest or Derby fan in my life so have never had any real added emotions during these games, I didn't even realise they were consider rivals until I was about 11 and played Championship Manager for the first time where they were listed as our rivals. Always been brought up on, and still only hear people round me refer to Cov when talking about hatred and making the obligitary incest jokes.

Sure I'm probably the only one, but Derby and Forest games tend to be my least favourite of the season.

Madness Rosso. I'll never, ever forget the 3-3 draw against Derby and Iwan Robert's hat trick. Or more importantly, the infamous Playoff final where the worst Leicester team, perhaps ever, assembled nicked a premier league place from the expensively assembled shaggers.

In a similar way to Rosso, I've never really seen the Cov game as much, personally, whereas Derby, and particularly F****t...

:098:

Madness Rosso. I'll never, ever forget the 3-3 draw against Derby and Iwan Robert's hat trick. Or more importantly, the infamous Playoff final where the worst Leicester team, perhaps ever, assembled nicked a premier league place from the expensively assembled shaggers.

I was about 3 when those games happened. I loved the 4-0 when we were 4 up within about 15mins, but I loved it for the game, not for the opposition. Idk, I just find the fact everyone else enjoys these games so much and I don't, quite frustrating.

In a similar way to Rosso, I've never really seen the Cov game as much, personally, whereas Derby, and particularly F****t...

:098:

That's perfectly understandable, depends on where abouts you were brought up in the county.

I think a lot of people from the North East of Leicestershire like to be the best side in the East Midlands and have that "badge" to show off, but if you live in the South West of the county like me then the West Midlands influence is too strong and has diluted a lot of the EastMids side, we have West Midlands words in our dialect and even get the West Midlands' local news for example so the association with the East Midlands may not be as strong.

But ultimately, I think it depends on how much of the opposition's fans you see, like I said, I don't think I've ever knowingly interacted with Forest or Derby fans, but I grew up and went to school/college/work with Cov fans my whole life. Can't imagine someone from Loughborough or somewhere would've met many Cov fans either. After all, isn't the main point about a local derby to get the bragging rights over friends and collegues?

Last edited:
Only if your TV aerial is pointing in the wrong direction.

Nah, we asked a guy who came to fix our ariel once, and apparently the West Midlands satelitte or whatever has a stronger signal, so virtually all the houses in Hinckley and its surrounding villages are forced to have West Midlands news. It's not a problem since Sky have put all the local news channels on there now, but when I was a young kid and not allowed up past bedtime to watch MOTD :icon_wink I couldn't watch the Leicester goals. :icon_cry:

Last edited:
Only if your TV aerial is pointing in the wrong direction.

We always got much better West Midlands' news reception and our aerial pointed in the same direction as our neighbours in Hinckley.

Bastard ... I'm getting old. The Derby and Swindon finals hit me right about the same time as hormones did...it led for an emotional couple of days.

To be sure I F***ing HATE Derby County and all the evil they represent. As for Forest, only slightly less so. And when it comes to Cov, I just think they are not in the same league history and size wise as the other two.

F0r£$t, then Sheep, then Covscum is the order of hatred for me

Nah, we asked a guy who came to fix our ariel once, and apparently the West Midlands satelitte or whatever has a stronger signal, so virtually all the houses in Hinckley and its surrounding villages are forced to have West Midlands news.

They're not forced to have West Midlands news!

Most people will have chosen receive the West Midlands version because the signal is stronger in Hinckley, and receiving the East Midlands signal may have required a new aerial, but that's a choice people have made, not something they've been forced to do. The signal from the East Midlands transmitter near Melton is more than capable of being received in Hinckley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669