Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily related to Clough himself this time but I notice today Derby have flogged another two first team/ fringe players.

Pringle off to Torquay and first choice keeper Bywater off on loan to Cardiff.

You have to wonder if there's something in the water up there. Someone, whether it be the manager or someone in the board, is quite clearly a bit mad - or stupid. Can't be doing them much good getting rid of all these players.

Not necessarily related to Clough himself this time but I notice today Derby have flogged another two first team/ fringe players.
How is this not related to Clough? Who do you think makes decisions on first-team affairs? And how exactly have they sold any players? It's March.
Pringle off to Torquay and first choice keeper Bywater off on loan to Cardiff.
Oh. Not 'flogged' then.
You have to wonder if there's something in the water up there.
Minerals?
Someone, whether it be the manager or someone in the board, is quite clearly a bit mad - or stupid. Can't be doing them much good getting rid of all these players.
Pringle is a fringe player who has just had his contract extended. Bywater's return to the team in December coincided with the start of an appalling set of results which saw them plummet down the table.

How is this not related to Clough? Who do you think makes decisions on first-team affairs? And how exactly have they sold any players? It's March.

Oh. Not 'flogged' then.

Minerals?

Pringle is a fringe player who has just had his contract extended. Bywater's return to the team in December coincided with the start of an appalling set of results which saw them plummet down the table.

a. I said it's not necessarily related to Clough. For all we know he may be pushed into selling/loaning out players due to financial restraints or purely so he can get new players in - in eithr case theboard will probably be involved in some capacity.

b. Pringle 'flogged'... as in sold. I assumed that one was not a loan deal so the term was correctly used if that is the case.

c. Are you a closet Derby fan?

d. I don't profess to be an expert on Derby's team but I know you can't pin a string of bad results on one player and I know that Bywater has been their number one for a fairly long time so this is a rather odd decision in my book. I also know Pringle has had some involvement with the first team and it's another one of those slightly odd out of the blue moves that has been happening over there of late.

a. I said it's not necessarily related to Clough. For all we know he may be pushed into selling/loaning out players due to financial restraints or purely so he can get new players in - in eithr case theboard will probably be involved in some capacity.

b. Pringle 'flogged'... as in sold. I assumed that one was not a loan deal so the term was correctly used if that is the case.

d. I don't profess to be an expert on Derby's team but I know you can't pin a string of bad results on one player and I know that Bywater has been their number one for a fairly long time so this is a rather odd decision in my book. I also know Pringle has had some involvement with the first team and it's another one of those slightly odd out of the blue moves that has been happening over there of late.

Pringle has gone to Torquay on a months' loan. Where did you get the idea that he has been 'flogged' or sold? The Torquay website makes it clear that Nigel Clough has been involved throughout the negotiations.

The gap caused by Bywater's loan to Cardiff has been filled by them taking Matt Duke on oan from Hull. Duke is a player that Clough knows well from their time together at Burton Albion so it's not hard to believe Clough was fully involved with these deals either.

I don't know why you should be concerned about our local rivals passing on a couple of their fringe players. I'm sure you would be posting whole lines of clappy smilies if we could do the same with some of ours.

But it is, he isn't, there are none and they are, but only in the capacity of rubber-stamping Clough's decisions.
Nope, loan. Again, it's March. Torquay are in League Two. Look up 'transfer window' on Wikipedia or something.

Honestly. You'll be telling us Hobbs is off to Celtic next.
I hope not. If I am, I'm wasting about two grand a year following the wrong team.
For the reasons Boc and I have pointed out above, they're not out of the blue.

I haven't read the Torquay website and I'm not concerned at all, I just thought I'd post it to have a bit of a laugh at them.

In my opinion these are both rather out of the blue. Along with a few players like Commons/ Moxey before them who were involved with the first team in quite a large capacity, I just don't see why they'd want to get rid of what are arguably some of their best players.

Bywater for example is a decent proven keeper at this level and when a team like Cardiff comes in for him, desparate as they may be for a keeper at the minute, it's obvious the ability is there.

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't the easiest manager to get along with and there had been one or two fallouts in the camp that has resulted in some players leaving, on loan or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669