Derren Browns 'system'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many things he does he explains how he does them after and you can see how he's done them,be it him being very clever doing them, but that one I can't see how he can know what he does about the people just by their voice.In a way he is doing himself no favours doing them kind of things

Agreed, claiming to know that guys name was 'Sachin' was about the end for me.

Well lets be honest, it's not possible for him to do what he claimed he did there. It's impossible.

I think its a mixture of Psychology and trickery tbh. It is possible to tell large parts of a person's personality by their voice or other features and it's definitely poissible in things where he guesses the words to plant the words in the participant's head, but i do think he does use stooges and does do a bit of background research into the guests. I'd be surprpised if the "random" chosing of guests was actually random tbh

What Derren Brown is good at, is mind control. He's a f**king genius.

However, along the way the marketing boys have got him doing other things to make money, which possibly detracts from his real skills and potentially creating the illusion that he's a charlatan (not Tim Burgess).

I think its a mixture of Psychology and trickery tbh. It is possible to tell large parts of a person's personality by their voice or other features and it's definitely poissible in things where he guesses the words to plant the words in the participant's head, but i do think he does use stooges and does do a bit of background research into the guests. I'd be surprpised if the "random" chosing of guests was actually random tbh

Probably not stooges - as in those picked won't be known - but accomplices in the audience giving information for the first pick was the basis for the original trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669