Disabled Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the subject at hand rather than the amusing side banter...
You get disabled concessions if you are in receipt of a disability benefit which has to be proven in the ticket office. I recieve Disability Living ALlowance which makes me eligible for the concession. This is not a benefit that is given out lightly and i'll recieve it until im as un-abled bodied as any other old fecker when im 75 (and by that time my experience on crutches should make me a cert for the OAP Olympics!).
Up till this year i have paid half price for a ticket and get another ticket free for my "carer". My carer also happens to be a City fan so we feel we get very good benfit. However, many others will have carers who are carers alone and dont like football.
This year, in order to stay where i am currently i will still get the carer free but have to pay full price for my ticket. This essentially means i get a half price ticket now, not a quarter price. For me its still a good deal but am obviosly going to grumble a bit as im paying more than before. Who wouldnt when u get told you are to pay twice as much for the same, in any situation?

LCFC should just be honest about it and say that they are obliged to give the carers ticket free but not obliged to get the ticket half price if you arent prepared to be sat in the designated section. When they try to say thats for my benefit, thats when its BS. They arent interested in why i sit where i sit, they are not interested in putting me in a seat based on my needs as a disabled ticket holder. They want me to pay more. They want me to sit with my other bretherin so that i dont fall over and sue the club (which i wouldnt, but im sure some people would). If my extra money goes on getting a decent full back then fair enough!

I used the savings i make on the tickets to pay for parking close to the ground on the occasion where the Disabled Supporters Association cant get me parking at the ground or Eon Car park or the old Filbert Street.

I actually found the Mexican wave joke very funny! Its true, by the time i'd be up, its probably come round the second time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669