Disgusting failure of the law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :)

Most day to day stuff never really sees the light of day. It is possible to get transcripts, for a fee. There are some subscriber only websites, and http://www.bailii.org/form/search_cases.html reports some cases, but these are usually appeals etc. It means having to rely on reports in the local paper, which can be selective in what is printed.

I was actually expecting someone to say that incidents like this further the case for cameras in court, something that I'm not very keen on, believe it or not.

Me neither in the proposed format. Having just been a witness in a case where the defendant was rightly found guilty, I have faith in the system, but only showing the sentencing would just further add to the confusion. You really need to show it all.

I was actually expecting someone to say that incidents like this further the case for cameras in court, something that I'm not very keen on, believe it or not.

It's a ****ing terrible idea.

only showing the sentencing would just further add to the confusion.

That isn't what they're proposing, it's the judge's summing up in appeal cases they'll show

One thing that seems odd to me is that after the woman had had the burger thrown at her, after she had been punched three times, she remained in the same place as the bloke and "asked him his name with a view to reporting him".

Totally pissed, would be my bet. For most people the pain of a broken jaw would put an end to any further desire for conversation.

You can find an excuse (mitigation) for most things if you try hard enough.

Detained indefinitely?!?!? That's clearly not long enough! He should be kept in jail for at least 25 years after he's died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00