DJ Campbell Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan is an absolute legend, can you imagine our signings this season if we hadn't got him? We would have Kelly in charge, signing more League Two crap.
do you know city fan, it wasn't long ago that people on this site was saying weve signed nobody and overall being negative about mm and ma's targets.i hope this shuts the feckers up:018:

do you know city fan, it wasn't long ago that people on this site was saying weve signed nobody and overall being negative about mm and ma's targets.i hope this shuts the feckers up:018:

No, surely you must be mistaken. It would never happen on here :icon_bigg

Didn't DJ score 9 gols in half a seasons worth of games last year?

If you include substitute appearances, he scored 12 goals in 39 games. He started 20 games.

In the 20 games he started, he scored 8 goals.

But that's playing for one of the best teams in the division, I'm sure he got much better service than our strikers have been used to in recent years.

I really can't see how that is a bad thing?

I'd rather people support the whole team. Sometimes when people concentrate on one or two star players it can give them a blinkered attitude, their favourite can do no wrong, and any player who replaces them is rubbish.
For example some of the hero worship Hume gets has been ridiculous, he gets cheered when missing a chance other players would get booed for.

I'd rather people support the whole team. Sometimes when people concentrate on one or two star players it can give them a blinkered attitude, their favourite can do no wrong, and any player who replaces them is rubbish.
For example some of the hero worship Hume gets has been ridiculous, he gets cheered when missing a chance other players would get booed for.

:038::038::038:

Feck me, this is great. I'm already beginning to believe we won't get relegated next season
:038:

This is great news. Yes, the transfer market has got inflated but MA has told MM this is the man he wanted & when the price went up MM didn't cancel the interest - instead he came in with a late bid to gazzump Watford at the last minute. To me, this is certainly MM putting his money where his mouth is. He knows we need a forward who looks capable of scoring around 20 goals a season in this division. He went and got one - despite the cost. Brilliant!

Peoples reactions to signings seem to change a lot from when a deal is initially muted to when it goes through. I might be wrong but I remember the general consensus when stories of both Campbell and Clemence were first rumbled was one of apathy and there were some negative comments. Now they both appear to be brilliant signings :102:

Peoples reactions to signings seem to change a lot from when a deal is initially muted to when it goes through. I might be wrong but I remember the general consensus when stories of both Campbell and Clemence were first rumbled was one of apathy and there were some negative comments. Now they both appear to be brilliant signings :102:

We're all fickle boneheads. A bad game against Notts tomorrow and he'll be a donkey, a goal against Partick and he'll be the new Lineker.

:icon_roll

I think news of interest in Clemence was greeted well, but many felt we could do better than DJ for the £1million that was initially speculated.

Personally i think DJ is an okay signing, and probably the best we could hope to get at the moment. i don't understand the excitement though. I still think Hume is our best striker, but its nice to have DJ in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669