DJ Campbell - Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
This maybe a bit more likely with Birmingham signing O'Connor,Bruce is going to have to offload one or two Strikers IMO

It would be an uninspiring signing in my opinion.

But to coin a phrase - it shows we are where we are.

Behind the smoke screen it appears we are having great difficulty in signing any decent players - hardly surprising, but somewhat depressing.

Redditch Fox; said:
It would be an uninspiring signing in my opinion.

But to coin a phrase - it shows we are where we are.

Behind the smoke screen it appears we are having great difficulty in signing any decent players - hardly surprising, but somewhat depressing.
agreed, wouldn't be my pick for our key striker role. No panic yet on signings though, there are plenty of rumours throughout football currently but look at how few signings that have been completed in the last two weeks - nearly all are for out of contract fee transfers. Anyone currently under contract is on the beach and will be until July.

agreed, wouldn't be my pick for our key striker role. No panic yet on signings though, there are plenty of rumours throughout football currently but look at how few signings that have been completed in the last two weeks - nearly all are for out of contract fee transfers. Anyone currently under contract is on the beach and will be until July.

Possibly - but I find this notion of today's professional footballers rushing off with the wife and kids to "the beach" and being unavailable- somewhat dated and sterotypical.

I don't thinks it's really like that - agents are there to take of matters and the mobile phone has changed the way business is transacted too.

I do understand that many contracts time expire on 30 June so I suppose that may possibly provide some impetus...but generally I think we are finding it tough.

but generally I think we are finding it tough.

Perhaps. Overall there have been precious few noteworthy transfers in to Championship clubs so far - so I don't think we're finding it particularly tough compared to other Championship clubs. Mind you, most other clubs have some sort of midfield so it's perhaps not quite so urgent for them...

I'd expect things to go mad in August - as normal.

Perhaps. Overall there have been precious few noteworthy transfers in to Championship clubs so far - so I don't think we're finding it particularly tough compared to other Championship clubs. Mind you, most other clubs have some sort of midfield so it's perhaps not quite so urgent for them...

I'd expect things to go mad in August - as normal.

Absolutely right.

We went through a season without any sort of midfield and it was a no brainer to see that one of the big problems was the service that an anyway fairly weakish strike force was getting made things very difficult.

I don't see that signing someone who has quickly toppled down the leagues in a less than strongly competitive system to the point where they are playing for effectively an amateur club (what level would we compare this with in England ?) is a particularly promising step forward. Could be wrong of course.

I think you may well be right about a last minute panic.....because at the moment particularly if the club moves on the worst failures from last season.

I don't see that signing someone who has quickly toppled down the leagues in a less than strongly competitive system to the point where they are playing for effectively an amateur club (what level would we compare this with in England ?) is a particularly promising step forward. Could be wrong of course.

Southend - it's only because of the current set-up of Dutch football that he was on an amateur contract.

Southend - it's only because of the current set-up of Dutch football that he was on an amateur contract.

Thanks.

I'm still not overwhelmed by us signing an amateur from the equivalent of Southend.

I would guess that most people agree that the midfield is the biggest problem and i just hope that Milan is able to bring in some sort of 'leader' figure plus two others in that section.

I saw a big black Escalade looking car near a few roads from the walkers with a numberplate that was something along the lines of C4M DJ.

This is true, obviously could be anyone but I like stiring it.

I saw a big black Escalade looking car near a few roads from the walkers with a numberplate that was something along the lines of C4M DJ.

This is true, obviously could be anyone but I like stiring it.

Is that a new racial slur?:icon_wink

Except Southend's average crowd was over five times that of the club Hellings played for last season.

.....which is probably down to the fact that Holland's population is smaller and that the stadium he played in could only hold 2500.

Just general football below the top division isnt attractive in Holland.

The area of Apeldoorn is just 155000.

EDIT- Southend is the same size........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00