Do I want promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody had better tell Pearson that we don't want to go up anymore...If we had decided this a couple of seasons ago the Thais could have saved loads of money!

Although paying a made up £50 to watch Stoke, seems just as bad as paying £35 to watch Bristol City, Barnsley, Peterborough, Ipswich, etc.

Does this mean that people will stop going on about the Martin O'Neill days and how brilliant they were... :038:

Last edited:
celebrating a draw against Norwich like it's a cup win.

Not much different to celebrating a shitty 1-0 win away at Burnley like we have just qualified for the Champions League

And I'm sure you'll all love the increased ticket prices

If we fail to go up this year, ticket prices will definitely go up anyway, to watch complete dross of the likes of Huddersfield, Barnsley and Hull

and even more wankerish away fans down Filbo Way.

It would be the the increased number of completely wankerish home fans that would be of most concern, to be honest

Anyway, let's hope we get the chance to find out how shit it will be...

Modern football is shit anyways, and getting shitter each and every year

The Championship is utter garbage so I can't say I wouldn't look forward to a change.

Obviously I might have to move over and allow the 'new breed' of supporter take my place but It will be fun watching on Motd.

Yay

The Championship is utter garbage so I can't say I wouldn't look forward to a change.

Obviously I might have to move over and allow the 'new breed' of supporter take my place but It will be fun watching on Motd.

Yay

Really?

Yay

We don't want awaydays in Manchester, London, Liverpool or Newcastle either.

Interesting point about ticket prices is whilst there is little doubt they will go up in price, the accessibility of streamsf featuring us will tenfold with the opportunity to watch every game of the season in the league. Our ticket prices at home are likely to go up in a bid to cash in on the bandwagon fans but we will also be a constant choice for the lowest category for many top clubs.

Swings, roundabout, circles, Newton's cradle, washing machines, Dusty Bin.

Last edited:
Living abroad, I'm sure there are only positives, but for a home supporter with a season ticket there is a lot to be worried about.

Missing out on the Premier League is likely to lead towards further long-term problems. i.e Debt. If the club hit the jackpot of the new TV deal, it will secure the future of the club. I say that as someone who detests the current prices and attitudes of football clubs towards to supporters.

Missing out on the Premier League is likely to lead towards further long-term problems. i.e Debt. If the club hit the jackpot of the new TV deal, it will secure the future of the club. I say that as someone who detests the current prices and attitudes of football clubs towards to supporters.

Exactly. We're currently operating at a £20-£30m loss each year. I don't know the owners personally (shock, horror!), but I doubt that they see that as sustainable.

If we don't get promoted this year or next, there is the very real possibility that they'll either lose interest or, possibly more catastrophically, become more desperate and spend even more to reach the holy land.

Dead right I do but the premiership games Ive watched this season makes me - I'm sick to the back teeth of watching the diving , spitting , shirt pulling , moaning and cheating tossers in the premier lge -

Did you feel like that when Robbie Savage played for us? There is a question of football ethics here. Jimmy Bloomfield would never have had a player like Savage at the club but Jiimmy did not win anything and Martin did. Sadly the cheaters win matches as Vardy did against Blackpool (allegedly).

Missing out on the Premier League is likely to lead towards further long-term problems. i.e Debt.

Getting into the Premier League is likely to lead towards further long-term problems. i.e. Debt. It's the way all first-class football exists. Membership of the Premier League is only likely to increase the level of debt in the hope of continuing our membership thereof. The only way to avoid debt is to tailor one's expenses to match earnings. Premier League clubs don't do this any more than do those at any other level.

Getting into the Premier League is likely to lead towards further long-term problems. i.e. Debt. It's the way all first-class football exists. Membership of the Premier League is only likely to increase the level of debt in the hope of continuing our membership thereof. The only way to avoid debt is to tailor one's expenses to match earnings. Premier League clubs don't do this any more than do those at any other level.
As we're obviously doomed anyway; let's get doomed first class

Getting into the Premier League is likely to lead towards further long-term problems. i.e. Debt. It's the way all first-class football exists. Membership of the Premier League is only likely to increase the level of debt in the hope of continuing our membership thereof.

We lost £15m in 2010/11, with £28.7m of debt to our owners. I'd estimate we lost another £25-£30m in 2011/12, and are probably on course for the same again in 2012/13.

I don't think they would see that as sustainable for a Championship team.

IF we were to be promoted, that loss would probably remain about the same, if not decrease with sensible management (and the 70% increase in PL income as a result of the TV money), based on the losses of other clubs of similar sizes. Our revenue alone would increase from <£20m to >£60m straight away.

They are much more likely to see that as a reasonable amount to pay for having a PL toy, and the added benefits of the brand and KP marketing.

Premier League clubs don't do this any more than do those at any other level.

Although true, the model is completely reversed (for a team of our standing). In the PL, the top teams throw money at the league in a desperate attempt for success, whereas the Wolves, etc, of the league consolidate and tend to post much smaller losses (or profits). So we'd move from the Championship big spenders, to the PL small-hitters.

Perfectly valid point.

However, I'd like to think the new TV deal would provide a sum of money that even a Portsmouth-esque wage bill would be paid by. I just hope that we keep it going until the bubble bursts across the clubs and an authorative footballing body begins to take widespread action.

Does this mean that every **** and his ill-informed dog will stop calling us 'Big spending Leicester' at every turn?

Feck it get us up Asap.

(and the 70% increase in PL income as a result of the TV money), .

It's more than that. I was recently geeky enough to calculate approximately what each club earns from the TV deal.

Off memory, City got something like £700k per annum on the FL football deal. Very likely to be less that when I realised that failed to consider League 1, League 2 and the Football League's slice of the pie.

Then your read this about the Premier League
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/12/premier-league-tv-rights-5-bn

Last edited:
It's more than that. I was recently geeky enough to calculate approximately what each club earns from the TV deal.

Off memory, City got something like £700k per annum on the FL football deal. Very likely to be less that when I realised that failed to consider League 1, League 2 and the Football League's slice of the pie.

Then your read this about the Premier League
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/12/premier-league-tv-rights-5-bn

Sorry, I meant that the PL TV money alone is going up by 70% for the 13/14 season. So all clubs will receive at least an extra 70%, which doesn't even include overseas increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669