Do Stoke hate us that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fludie

Peanut Thief
Walkers_Stadium_705938.jpg

From Rivals.net

Stoke fans want double delight - to go up and send Leicester down!

It couldn't be scripted any better according to you lot at The Oatcake. What are we talking about? The latest Oatcake poll of course!

Picture the scene... final day, packed Britannia and the sun shining... Stoke City have just hammered Leicester City 4-0 and as a consequence, the red and whites go to the Premiership while Leicester City are relegated to League One.

You think were kidding? Not at all! You lot predicted it in our latest poll... well... sort of wanted it to happen that way. Anyway, it's Leicester City to League One if we've got anything to do with it - and funnily enough, we have!

The question posed by the The Oatcake was...

Who would you like to see relegated from the Championship?

- Sheffield Wednesday - 12%

- Leicester City - 43% WINNER!

- Blackpool - 8%

- Southampton - 23%

- Coventry City - 14%

Maybe this all stems from our heroic 1-0 win at the Victoria Ground in the second leg of the play-off semi final after we drew 0-0 at Filbert Street.

For those of you who were at this match I'm sure you'll agree it was one of our all time classic performances which was distinctly coupled with an intense and rather intimidating atmosphere - especially at the final whistle when hoards of Stoke 'fans' invaded the pitch with reddened eyes whilst the 'fans' behind our enclosure pelted us with all manner of missile such as coins and coffee cups.

Maybe there is a core of Stoke fans that hold that defeat as one of their most hurting defeats and therefore wish to get some revenge albeit in very different circumstances.

Maybe this all stems from our heroic 1-0 win at the Victoria Ground in the second leg of the play-off semi final after we drew 0-0 at Filbert Street.

The tradition of hate goes a lot further back than that. I can well remember their fans' invasion of the Kop in December 1966 with their menacing cries of ESS - TEE - OH - KAY - EEE and C - I, C - I - T, C - I - T - Y, CITY.

The Kop and the score swayed one way and then the other that day - the Stoke team and the Stoke fans were well on top early on, but it was Leicester City who won it 4-2 whilst their fans regained the centre of the Kop with the Stoke fans battered and scattered.

And I don't even suppose that was the start of it!

I have seen so much trouble between us and Stoke over the years.

I also still think we are still shaking off the administration argument to add to unpopularity.

End of the day though, who cares a shite?

ricardo fuller will score against us he always does - just a question of how many...

Be on Sky as well,so the whole Country will see our humiliation.Glad I'm working

They won't hate us on Sunday, they'll love us.

If we beat Stoke, and any cnut dares hail Ollie as our saviour, I reckon I'll have something to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566